Ex still contacts me

We've been broken up for about 10 months now. The fist 3 months of the breakup was a mess for both of us. We decided to give it a shot but I wasn't so enthusiastic about it. Anyway it ended and It felt good for both of us. I thought. She sent me txts saying that she missed me. I made it clear that I was happier and was trying to move on. She calmed down a bit and just said that she'd like to hang out as friends. I kept agreeing but I wasn't going to initiate it because it's a bad idea for both of us. We need to move, we aren't for each other. She still txts and calls. Her txts contain useless information. Her calls are simple questions that she can clearly get an answer from someone else. But the phone calls kind of drag out into long conversations. Like she'll keep asking me " so what else is new?" whenever we reach a pause in the conversation. What's the deal? We both agreed that we're not for each other. I'll admit I still think about her and tend to forget the bad times which is normal. But her txts and calls screw me up a bit and I can't get myself to tell her to stop. :S

Absolutely! I just want to know what's going through her mind. I would love for us to stay friends because I like talking to her. But I'm scared that my kindness will be interpreted the wrong way.

Try using "silence" as a different approach, since this is a language that is seldom misinterpreted. She'll either up the ante, or she'll back off, either way you'll have your answer.

Try using "silence" as a different approach, since this is a language that is seldom misinterpreted. She'll either up the ante, or she'll back off, either way you'll have your answer.

So I just stop answering her txts and calls?

She hasn't really done anything harmful or offensive to me. I would kinda feel ignoring her like that.

So tell her that you don't want any more contact with her.

Or if you DO want contact, then stop worrying about it, and if she shows signs of being romantically interested, then you can broach it then.

Yeah I guess things will eventually get complicated having her in my life as a friend or a girlfriend.

Archived