When did you first say, "I love you" to your partner?

Moontiger

I’m curious, when did people here first say “I love you” to their partners? Did something happened where you suddenly went from like to love? Did you say it first or did your partner?

I’m not ready to say it to my boyfriend but I was thinking about it earlier today and I realized that I cannot remember what happened before I said “I love you” to boyfriends in the past. So, I started wonder what other people’s stories are.

on Valentine's Day, a little over a month after we met on here is when I realize I was falling for him. I was sick as a dog that day - fever, in and out of sleep - he had a headache and when I wasn't sleeping I was emailing him. I don't know what about that day but that's the day I realized I was in love with him. Actually saying it I think was a few weeks later. We danced around those 3 words for a few days but, tbh, I can't remember the conversation in which we first said I love you, ahaha. I know L said it first but how it went down I can't remember.

For my boyfriend and I, it was a gradual thing. We both knew we were falling in love with each other; there was no exact moment where we suddenly felt "omg, I love him now!" but more of a gradual process. As for when we said it, it was a few months into the relationship and I said it first. I said it because it was just one of those moments where he did something and I though "That's why I love you." And so I said it and he reciprocated!

1st boyfriend - One week before VDAY. I said it first. It just felt right. We were sitting in the car listening to music. Quite romantic at the time.

2nd boyfriend - Ha ha the relationship was very short. Didn't even say it at all. It was one week. It ended.

3rd boyfriend - This is very long distant. We only see each other once or twice a month. Been together for 5 months. Texting is being died down at the moment. One week of no communication wasn't the longest we ever been. So I'm having my guard up at this time. Hopefully we both say it despite the bad relationships we've been in and long distance.

I really like seeing all these stories. I tend to fall in love very quickly so I am trying to take my time this time around an just enjoy being with him. We have been dating since Halloween but we were not BF/GF until a little before Christmas, I don't remember what day it was! Lol.

I really like seeing all these stories. I tend to fall in love very quickly so I am trying to take my time this time around an just enjoy being with him. We have been dating since Halloween but we were not BF/GF until a little before Christmas, I don't remember what day it was! Lol.

It was like love at first sight with my first boyfriend and third boyfriend.

My first boyfriend doesn't show his emotions much but I could read him.

Same with my current boyfriend. He asked me what I thought about us and "no pressure" LOL by the third date. Second date we kissed which i know is really too fast but I just want to know what it felt and thinking that he wasn't that into me. So funny how he didn't text/call me for 1 week after our first date. He told me he didn't know how I felt about him but he felt strongly attracted to me. Silly

Been together since halloween but we knew each other since early august.

Now, it's tough to say how we are feeling about each other. I need to give him some space before I jump on some conclusion about long distant relationship. My guts is telling me he is being very distant so I'm just giving him space and let him decide if he wants to break up or stay.

Archived