8 years was a life time for me

I was in a 8 year LYR has been over 2 years now and we can not even be friends after all we have beeb through. I thouhgt I had a life partner the first few years was great and I was so in love with him so It seemed.

He finally owned up one day cheating on me 6 times out of 8 years.

After 8 years I had to pull my self to gether I was a basket case how could I go on in life with out him by my side after a year I tryed to reach out as a friend but he never returned the favor. I was the one who put all the energy in to the relationship it nees. I look back now was it a total lost of my youth years. I wasted a life time on a dumb guy who never cared why did he lead me on for that long. Let me clue you in he lost it all and look better than he ever did and no need for me any more.

What do you think. He was the one at the end who stopped it all and said he was no longer happy any more I was so over welmed with this and where did I go wrong. Don't ever give a guy more chanced than he can hang his self with because he will. All cheaters will be the same don;t let any man tell you he will change for you he want.

There where happy times we shared 8 years is a long time to just give up.

I tried therapy he would not go. I learned after 2 years he was the jerk.

If a guy ever looses weight and he looses interest in you then it is time to move on let me tell you.

Hi guyncarync,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us with your question. I am sorry to hear that you have been let down this bad. I understand that you are in a very difficult situation right now.

It is very important not to blame yourself for all this. Better is to tell yourself that at least YOU have tried everything. You have tried to hang in there and make things work. Unfortunately without much luck. From what I have read it looks like that you have made the right decision here by stepping out of this relationship with this guy.

It's time to live your life to the max again. It's gonna be hard for sure. But time will heal your wounds in time. I wish you strength and luck to overcome this.

~ SwingFox ~