Well, it worked for me. Got back together.

ZimboGon

Just want to let you guys know, if someone needs a pick me up or something. I posted my story here a few months ago, distressed and asking peoples opinions to see if she would come back. Everyone told me no. She wasn't worth it, she left me yada yada.

Well, she left me for another guy. After about 7 weeks NC, I decided to contact her. She and this guy broke up, and she and i are going out on a date. We've had several emotional conversations talking about what went wrong in our relationship, and what to do about it and where do we take it from there.

But, it happens. Everyone has a unique case. Sometimes it doesn't, but sometimes you get lucky.

My story is much longer, but this is a shortened version. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thats good but i do have a question. Do you trust that she wont leave you for another guy again? Because there is a chance she will.

I trust that she won't. There were reasons we broke up. It wasn't entirely my fault, and it wasn't hers, either. We both discussed what happened between us. Towards the end of our relationship, i had hit a spurn of depression. I was quick tempered. We started communicating less. She said she was just afraid to tell me things because she felt i would get angry at her. But, we had both just gotten so comfortable in the relationship it wasn't exciting anymore. We never went out and had fun together.

We both did love each other, but we both had problems. Her solution was just a tad drastic, and i think she realized that. Hence why we are giving it another shot. I love her, and i promised to always be there for her.

I have faith in myself and my own decisions, so in return that gives me faith in her. I trust those who may not even deserve it.

Sounds like you agreed it was your fault and that you can't get mad at her ever again without her trotting out 'see, you're doing it again'. Who's responsibility is it to be the new social director to arrange all the fun and excitement? Hope that's not all on you. Just doesn't sound good, but I wish you the best.

I was just reading the previous thread and im suprised you are giving her another go. She said you were a bad boyfriend, you arent as fun, she text you saying she misses you but would then hook up with the other guy, she was keeping you there as her safety net. Now they didnt work out she came back because she knows you will take her back, im just abit suspicious.

Oh i can get mad. But i did realize how much of an a**hole i was when i did get mad. I even realized it while we were dating. I made huge deals about everything, and would never admit i was wrong. I was so stubborn and filled with pride i wouldn't ever be caught dead apologizing. I would pressure her into doing it, and afterwards i would comfort her and make her feel better. She told me it made her hate herself for always being wrong.

I was just reading the previous thread and im suprised you are giving her another go. She said you were a bad boyfriend, you arent as fun, she text you saying she misses you but would then hook up with the other guy, she was keeping you there as her safety net. Now they didnt work out she came back because she knows you will take her back, im just abit suspicious.

She didn't contact me. I contacted her. She was hesitant to get back together with me actually, i talked her into it.

Well, we don't need to change. We need to address the issues in our past relationship and work together for a better one. I don't need her to change, i liked the person i was with. Thats the point.

If you liked the person you were with, then why did you blow it in the first place?

Oh come on, give the kid a break and let him be happy. Whatevers going to happen will happen. For now, let him enjoy this.

Thank you haha. We really have had quite a bit of emotional conversations since we started talking again. We went INDEPTH on what happened between us. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have agreed and been so expressive. I really am surprised by the amount of negativity here haha.

If i could trust her once, i can trust her again. She was a good girlfriend despite the break-up.

Thank you haha. We really have had quite a bit of emotional conversations since we started talking again. We went INDEPTH on what happened between us. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have agreed and been so expressive. I really am surprised by the amount of negativity here haha.

If i could trust her once, i can trust her again. She was a good girlfriend despite the break-up.

Theres a good reason for the negativity. Experience. BUT, theres always the exception to the rule. Who knows kid, you may well be one of the exceptionally few lucky ones. So take your shot and to heck with what anyone says. And if it doesn't work out, at least you tried.

Theres a good reason for the negativity. Experience. BUT, theres always the exception to the rule. Who knows kid, you may well be one of the exceptionally few lucky ones. So take your shot and to heck with what anyone says. And if it doesn't work out, at least you tried.

I agree. You know the risks. Might as well do everything you can.

I think there a lot of people on this board that are jealous that you might be one of the lucky ones that gets their ex back. But they also speak truth and wisdom. You'd be wise to keep in mind what people say here, even if you choose to do the opposite. You are aware of the risks, and if you're okay with the stakes, you shouldn't feel bad for giving it a go.

You're going to have to be diligent to make sure your relationship doesn't go the same way again, but it sounds like you've both realized a few things and are willing to make the effort - which is what any relationship takes. Take it slow, and good luck! Let us know how it works out...

Archived