This isn’t the first time, nor is it the hardest I’ve ever fallen, but I’d forgotten how hard it is to let go of something that made you so happy. It’s so hard to find genuine happiness which makes it even harder to let go. I’m the one that ended things, before they really progressed, and it wasn’t a decision that I wanted to make either. It was one of those things where you know it’s the right thing to do whether it be the circumstances or whatever. I told him to move on and never talk about “us” ever again with me. I had to do it so we could both move on, but what makes it so hard is we have the same friends and I hear, and see him a lot. I’ve been distancing myself lately, but he’s still in my life and some days are harder than others.

This forum helped me a lot in with my past breakup , and I guess im looking for some words of wisdom and strength. I hate how it’s so much easier for the guy. He’s a very goodlooking guy and he knows a lot of girls, so I’m sure he’s having no problem “moving on”. I’m more reserved and into school, so that’s all I really have to keep me busy. While he parties away, I’m at home doing work and it just makes me so sad sometimes. I thought I was doing good, but today was one of those days. I miss him so much and I wish things could have been different.

Ive been trying to keep busy, seeing friends, going to the gym and all those things, but I hate this part.

Hello StillHopefull.

I'm feeling your pain. You actually don't know whether it is easy or hard for your bloke. But, like me and probably most people, you're assuming it will be easier for the other person.

What you did by ending it before it went too far is a very noble thing and you should feel good about your inner strength to end it in the first place. Many, many people just let things go on because it is often easy to just stay in the rut and not worry about the hard yards.

The no contacting him thing you are talking about (or at least, not contacting as much) is a good idea (in my opinion, as that is what i find works best for me).

Also, regarding your need to be studying...yep, you do have a lot of time for reflection to set in but try to focus as much as you can and each time you feel yourself drifting off either get yourself back on track or take a pre-defined time length break. You'll be up and down. That is what makes this life what it is. Better to feel than to be a rock.

Finally, you're right. This part sucks the big one. It is the worst part of relationships. That they are so good i think probably means there is a risk that they can hurt so much. Risk V Reward.

Good luck. PM me if you'd like to.

Archived