White Spot in Wisdom Tooth Socket. Can't tell if it is food

Sam _

I got my wisdom teeth extracted on December 6th, with the bottom two having to be cut out due to the roots being too long. I just got done brushing and rinsing with warm salt water when I noticed a white dot on the very bottom of the bottom-right hole and I don't know what it is. I just got done eating scrambled eggs before brushing and rinsing so I'm thinking it might be some of the egg but I don't know. I can't tell if it is some food or just a spot. Should I be worried about it?

Were you prescribed an antibiotic?

I wouldn't be overly worried. You brushed. You rinsed. Even if it is egg, it should dislodge itself relatively quickly. I think you stand to do a lot more damage if you go playing around with it.

I'd leave it be and just watch it. If it starts getting bigger or doesn't go away, go back to the dentist.

PS: I had a tooth extracted and I saw something similar. A pale bump if you will. It was simply my gums healing...

I have been but I've used them all up; was only given a prescription for the week I got them extracted and that was almost 20 days ago.

It has been about an hour and the bump hasn't budged; I even rinsed about 5 times vigorously with nothing. I've got a slight bit of discomfort in near the hole as well but it is hardly noticeable. My dentist is closed until tomorrow morning so is this something I should call him about? Leave it alone? Or should I still wait and see?

It's probably either nothing (part of the normal healing process), an abscess (an infection/a pus bubble) or a piece of food that, if it doesn't become dislodged will become an abscess. There is not much else it can be... they removed the tooth.

But... I am not a dentist. They are really the right person who can tell you.

Archived