Hello everyone.It has been awhile since i have posted anything besides poetry,but i have a true problem.

I have a friend.He is a guy.We arent dating but have become lose over summer.Recently he was spending the night at my house.I know what your thinking but its not like that.Anyway,we got into an argument about me dating another guy and he slapped me.Now at the time i didnt think anything of this.He apologized saying it was his anger.I forgave him no questions asked.

Then yesterday,he was at my home again.We got into the same argument and he slapped me again.This time it knocked me to the ground and gave me a black eye.Now,he apologized and i forgave him,but this is wrong.I have bean hit all my life by my father and then my step father.I cant have another male figure in my life who hits me.I need to know how to tell him this cant go on.But i am afraid he may hit me.If anyone has suggestions plz help.

~meagan~

Hey Meagan,

It's late and I'm just a regular surfer on the net. Your post in particular caught my attention.

I was extremely surprised that your "friend" is hitting you more than one time and you're allowing him to go with it. Maybe it's because of your affection with him, maybe not. But truth the matter is that you are (whether you like it or not) being abused by people who think they can violate your space whenever they want to.

It was right of you to forgive, it's our moral obligation as human beings to see potential in every person. But the fact that your "friend" is hitting more than one time is making me consider whether you should continue forgiving him.

It upsets me that a 14 year old girl is being pushed around from her father and her friend physical.

Meagan I think it's time you stood up for what you believe. You say to your father and your friend that you do not want to be treated like that ever again. You'll catch their attention.

If they persue their abuse plain and simple = "GET HELP"

Do not stand around and take the hits. It's alot more serious than you think. In this case your priorities as a human being come first. Stand your ground and up for what you believe in.

As for your "Friend" ...

Hitting you doesnt make him much of a friend now does he? Reconsider your relationship with him. Picture yourself 20 years down the road with him...what do you see?

Ciao

Definitely don't continue on with this relationship with your "friend". A real friend would not hit you, especially not on two occaisions! He needs to know his behavior is ridiculous and is not acceptable. I know how it feels to be afraid to stand up to someone who hits you because my dad was very abusive, but you should not chose to have a friend that will do the same... you definitely need to end this relationship with your friend.