She messages but doesn't seem to interested?

Rey Sanchez

Past couple of days me and this lady have messaged each other a couple times. I initiated the contact and to be honest, I would be very interested in meeting her. Well anyway, she always responds to my messages but she doesn't ask questions like i ask her. Part of me just wants to say screw it and not bother, but the way I see it, if she keeps replying there's gotta be some interest. Otherwise, why waste your time and my time?

Should I just keep chatting with her, and see where it goes such as Initiating a date after Christmas and see if she is interested? (I figure after Christmas would be better due to the rush to finish shopping and that). Or maybe just flat out ask her if she has any interest at all now?

I sorta kinda did the same thing. I was messaging with a woman back and forth through facebook, but you know I honestly wasn't sure if I really wanted to take the next step and ask for her phone number and had second thoughts. So I kept the conversation very light-hearted through message chat. She's an ex girlfriend of a guy who I know but don't really speak to very often. The guy she once dated was a cousin of a friend of mine, guy I used to work with. I guess we don't really kick it like that, either. But I had second thoughts about it and so I just didn't bother.

Past couple of days me and this lady have messaged each other a couple times. I initiated the contact and to be honest, I would be very interested in meeting her. Well anyway, she always responds to my messages but she doesn't ask questions like i ask her. Part of me just wants to say screw it and not bother, but the way I see it, if she keeps replying there's gotta be some interest. Otherwise, why waste your time and my time?

Should I just keep chatting with her, and see where it goes such as Initiating a date after Christmas and see if she is interested? (I figure after Christmas would be better due to the rush to finish shopping and that). Or maybe just flat out ask her if she has any interest at all now?

Some people keep their heart well under the cuff. She's showing interest in you but she's not putting herself out there.

This could mean she's just not interested in you. She is interested in you but doesn't want to seem desperate. She is interested in you but isn't comfortable flirting. She's interested in you but isn't interested in anything more than a friend. The list could go on...forever.

You can either go with your gut and ask her out on a date and find out how she genuinely feels or you can just walk away now.

Just ask her out on a date. Not after Christmas... now.

If she is interested she will either accept or suggest another time. If she says "I'm busy but maybe some other time" she's probably not interested, she should let you know when she's free.

Got to agree, was in the same boat recently. Ultimately, what is there to lose?

Friend pasted on my name to her single friend, she added on facebook - I intiated contact, got number etc.. started texting but like you, wasn't really getting much of a conversation back. In complete boredom I asked her out for a drink (she was under pressure, so I said I'll take her out to relive it). Her response was "thanks"....... that response doesn't take a genius!

You might not get the response you want, but it will at least save you the time and effort!

Archived