I Need Objective Opinions

bjg

I posted a profile on senor friend finder under oldtymer. I am very honest about my age and listed the fact that i am 67 years of age. A 47 year old man responded. He lives in Alaska. We have been emailing and instant messenging each other for sometime. I am usually very level headed, but for some reason I feel very drawn to this man. He has asked me to meet him in in New Jersey where he had made arrangements to go in October. AFter much discussion, I agreed to meet him and spend the time with him. Given the circustances of meeting him on the internet, I am worndering if I am being a silly old lady. I need to get some input before he makes arrangements and sends money for a ticket. Any thoughts - Am I so lonely that I am grasping for straws, should I just pass this up and wait until he comes to my city at some point in time - help.

well.... coming from a 13 year old this may sound stupid...but i think its cool that your 67 years old and your willing to go out and meet people. If this guy is willing to come to New Jersey to meet you then hey, why not go for it? You basically have nothing to lose and it be better if yuo guys are more interested in each other in person...and no you wuoldnt be a silly old lady thers no problem with wanting to meet other people and enjoy the life that you have.

I think it's cool that you are out talking and meeting new people at 67!! Have you two talked on the phone and stuff like that? Just to make sure he is who he says he is... But I think it's probably a good sign that he's paying for your ticket as well... I don't think you're being a "silly old lady" I think it's cool! But make sure you trust this guy 100%!

How great to meet someone you are excited about getting to know better. I'm not sure how long you two have been corresponding, but I am assuming that you know enough about him and have been able to verify certain information that you are comfortable about being safe (e.g., the white pages list him as who he says he is; you've learned about his family, job and it all checks out)? If so, I would definitely go meet him. Some of my greatest interpersonal connections have occurred when I took chances in life.

At the same time, to guarantee that you have a good time in New Jersey regardless of the connection with this man, I would suggest having a back-up plan: hotel, transportation, etc., just in case things aren't what you expected when you arrive.

Good luck. Please let us know what you decide!