True love knows no bound ... But will it some day conquer all?

musiclover

So I'm posting here because I don't know where else to post. Its an opinion piece so anyone is welcome to contribute. Have you felt true love before? I have. It goes something like this...

After being best friends for 7 years we decided to take a shot at love with each other. I've seen love and have felt love a few times in my life, and nothing can describe what her and I had. We both knew this was just the right thing, without question. We were together for the 3 most beautiful years when both of our lives (our separate lives) started to crumble. Wether it was a job issues or a famliy related issues, everything was heading south. We tried to lean on each other, but it wasn't working. We had stopped growing. It was at that point we decided that we needed to take separate paths for now. That was a year ago...

Since then we've both grown so much as individuals. I'll happily admit that I'm so proud of her and all the huge accomplishments she's made. I've also had some serious accomplishments since that time as well. We still talk and occasionally see each other and are both in separate relationships today. And although we don't mourn the loss of our past relationship, the feelings between us have never really gone away. The minute we're in arms distance of one another its like our essense begins to dance. I know that sounds corny, but its the truth. Whenever she looks into my eyes, she looks at me the same day we first admitted our love to the other. I'm sure I look at her the same way. Not only that, when we are apart and one of us is hurting in someway, its almost like the other can feel it. A perfect example is the other day I was having a horrible day. Caught a verbal back-hand from my boss and was fighting with my current girlfriend. I just felt awful. And sure enough, i get a text from my ex... "are you ok?" I'd say I was shocked, but this isnt the first time its happened. 2 months after the break up, I had a horrible feeling in my stomach all day and I knew it was related to her. I thought I was just sad, but it didn't go away. I eventually asked her if everything was ok. Turned out she had been in a car accident that day. What I'm trying to get accross is that no matter where or what we're doing, it's like we know when there is something wrong with the other. All these things leads me believe not only does true love exist, but that it knows no bounds. This is just my personal opinion...

What I'd like to get your opinions on is, if you too think that true love exists does it really conquer all? Its too soon to tell what will happen next in my story and I'm more than happy to wait to find out. But what about you guys? Do you have a story of true love that's come apart, only to mend itself again? or was it an unhappy ending? What happened in your fairy tale?

I believe it takes much more than true love to conquer anything, it takes a strong will, compassion, both a selfish and selfless nature, and an understanding that the expectations of "true love" is twisted. Although feelings will not be intense on a day to day basis does not mean that love is no longer there, just because everything else around you isn't going the way you want it too, does not mean that love isn't there. To hold on to each other and not lose faith of the bond between you two that is love. If one finds something so valuable as true love why would one so easily throw it away?

-sorry man I'm just in a bad mood today

Archived