Help! I want to be his gf and not just friends with benefits!

Blue92

My friend met a guy in class a few months ago. He said he really liked her but made a promise to himself that he wouldn't have a gf until after he finishes school,and becomes a doctor.They hang almost everyday and became friends with benefits. She really likes him also, but wants to be more then just friends with benefits...any advice??

He was extremely clear up front that he didn't want a girlfriend. No matter what feelings she might have, she will not change his mind just by sticking around and sleeping with him. I advise her to cut him off and tell him that she can't do the "friends with benefits" thing. She wants a relationship and since he does not want a girlfriend, this arrangement stops there.

He was extremely clear up front that he didn't want a girlfriend. No matter what feelings she might have, she will not change his mind just by sticking around and sleeping with him. I advise her to cut him off and tell him that she can't do the "friends with benefits" thing. She wants a relationship and since he does not want a girlfriend, this arrangement stops there.

I ditto this...

Sadly your friend was warned what she was getting into... just because things have changed for her doesn't mean he will have a change of heart as well. It would be best for her to move on and not be hanging out with this guy all the time anymore.

The other posters are right. It isn't going to happen. He made it very clear he does not want a relationship, just because shes sleeping with him doesn't mean he will suddenly change his mind. Tell her to stop the arrangement because she isn't going to get what she wants out of this.

Is it worth for her to wait for him to come around after he finishes school. She wants to be a doctor also so she has the same amount of school as him.

No. She needs to move. If they happen to meet again in a few years, both ready for a relationship, that's one thing. But if she sticks around, he will see her just as a n f_ buddy. He will look for someone else to be a gifrlfried. Also, have you considered that he just is not into your friend, also? It could be that too. By breaking it of, she shows that she has a lot of self respect and is then open to meet a guy that is more compatible with her.

It's either she stops lying to herself with this "no strings attached" FWB situation or she hangs around until he finishes school, hoping that he changes his mind about her...and then he falls in love with someone else leaving your friend crying and hating herself because she waited.

Sadly, those are her only choices.

Archived