Mixed signals!

lish92

Okay I went to high school with this guy,and we where always really close. I could trust him and we had long deep coversations He was super popular(he won prom king.) He flirted with me in school but I never thought much of it because he flirted with everybody. In a sophomore in college now, and we still keep in touch to this day. He calls me every now and then just to see how i'm doing.And whenever we are drunk we always text each other just being silly for some reason. Sometimes they get pretty flirty.And he gets a little mad when I don't answer his txts/calls. Whenever he comes back home he always tries to hang out, but things just never work out.This past thanksgiving break when we came back from school. He really wanted to see me, he didn't care when. So on thanksgiving day he invited me to his friends house(It was a get together with family and friends.) I went with some friends, but the whole time I was there he basically ignored me. Except for a few grins accross the room and he texted me allot.Maybe he was just being shy, but idk how we have been friends for 5yrs. I even heard him talking to some friends about his crazy girlfriend and how he wanted to dump her. I was pissed when I left. He called me the next day to apologize saying he was drunk and stressed out he needed to relax and next time we hang out it'll be different,we'll have fun. I know that we are good friends and im happy with that. But does he like me? could it be more to it? or should I just leave it alone? Im sooooo confused.

Whenever he comes back home he always tries to hang out, but things just never work out.

As someone who lives away from "home" - if it never works out that you get to see him, it's because you are not a top priority. I always have time to see the most important people... you make time. Someone you have a crush on? Definitely gets time.

I don't think he has a crush. I think he's just trying to hold onto as many friends as possible... but it's not really working.

I'm not sure I agree with RedDress - but that's because family takes precedent over social calls nearly 100% of the time when I am back home for vacation, especially family oriented vacations. It is considered incredibly rude to not make the 'family rounds' and meet certain people. And I'd rather not just have half an hour with someone then have to zip off to some other location; if I am meeting a crush or whatnot I would like to at least be able to hang out. There have been times when I did duck out of going places where my crush was as well for whatever reason (nervousness, knowing it'll be an awkward situation, wanting to play games/get over him, etc.) ...Now you can argue that girls are different, but I figure there are some guys who must be like me.

Yeah, I mean sometimes it's just not time. Whenever you come back home from school there is always 10 million things you have to do and you just cant get to them all. And on top of that people arrive and leave at on different days.Sometimes I'm not even able to see some of my best friends....Like I said it wasn't lack of effort. And this last break things did work out and we hung out.

Archived