not doing good :(

loulou37

i won't be contacting him just yet, i have nothing to lose becos i'm crying all the time anyway i hoped by cutting him off he would contact me....but i wouldn't even know if he has, he's blocked on my e-mail and the last time i see him i told him i'd lost my phone, so the only other way of contacting me is on my home phone which i know he wouldn't do, any contact is always easiest thorugh text or e-mail....

loulou x

i am fighting it and it's taking my energy

Yes it is. It is draining for you but you are getting there. Think of it as like running a marathon. It gets more and more difficult as you get closer to the end, but when you get there, then you can rest. You'll know when you do.

But given that you're part of the way there, do you really want to go back to the beginning and start again?

...maybe i need to contact him so i can get a good knock back and teach me a lessson....

That's a logical way to look at it, but not a very rational one.

You need to continue NC and whenever his thought pops in hour head, have another series of thoughts to fill the space ready. If you contact him, you WILL go back to square one. In the time it takes to get over him, you could be working on yourself and focused on a new person. Would you even want him back at this point? Really?

Trust me, time will heal you. I was dumped after telling my girlfriend of 5 years that I had cancer. She moved semi in with another man a week later. Have not heard from her since. That was nov 16th. At this point its not about using NC to forget her, its in her best interest that she not be exposed to my opinion of her. She is a sociopath. Stay strong and move on!

Yes i would want him back, i love him...i have been working on myself, i'm always so busy, started doing loads of new things, i want to share these things with him, don't get me wrong, i'm not sitting around here moping but at times, the times i want to contact him...the pain is unbearable...

loulou x

Aww I understand loulou, I felt like that earlier this week, my life is moving on now and I really miss talking to him still and telling him stuff - but what is personally stopping me contacting him (day 29 now) is that yes, he would reply, but it will be just another smack in the face that we are not together, and the contact just won't be the same quality. All the bits about our relationship, our future plans or whatever, would be missing. And all that would be left is a hollow shell of polite chit chat.

Would you want that reminder? x

I know what you mean northpickle i wouldn't expect anything less from him except chit chat....i'm no longer desperate like i was at the beginning, i just would like to speak to him.

sounds to stupid when i write it here...

i just wish i hadn't blocked his email, then i would know for certain if there has been any contact from him.

loulou x

Every time you want to contact him, just think of how much better you'd feel if HE contacted you first. Then you'd KNOW how he felt really. Contacting him first will make you feel worse and even if it goes ok, you'll always wonder how he really feels. Back up, stay NC and let him show you if he cares. If he does, he will be in touch (maybe not on your timeline tho, afterall he is a guy). If not, he's a chump and you don't wants chumps anyway. Stay strong!!

i just wish i hadn't blocked his email, then i would know for certain if there has been any contact from him.

I did the same thing loulou, I blocked his email, I changed my phone number..now I sorta regretted it - I wonder if he has tried to reach out during this time..and this makes me want to break NC..

I did the same thing loulou, I blocked his email, I changed my phone number..now I sorta regretted it - I wonder if he has tried to reach out during this time..and this makes me want to break NC..

I know, i wish i hadn't now i was just so hurt at first....now i'll never know.

I hate to think i've missed any chance to work out, i know poeple say, if he really wanted me he'd contact me somehow but if he's emailed me n got no response he's hardly gonna call me...he'll just think i'm ignoring him.

loulou x

I haven't blocked anything. It is better to know that no matter everything was open to contact (call, text, e-mail, FB) he chose not to.

Yes same, I haven't blocked anything. Might delete him from FB soon though.

loulou, if he wants to get in touch with you he will find a way, trust me. If he was the one to end things (which he was if I remember right?) he will call you or send you a letter or even turn up at your doorstep.

NC is a killer, I am starting to feel it a bit now after 3 weeks but the clear belief that there is nothing I can do is also strong in my head.

Archived