Should I/ we wish our ex a happy thanksgiving?

chrissaunts

I wouldn't. You'll start overthinking your message and if/if not you will get a response. Anything you hear back will be overanalyzed etc. My ex sent me an I love you..... along with Merry Christmas right at midnight last year. Sounds promising , right? Nope. Didn't want me back until 2 months later.

Funny you ask this! I just did something similar about 8 hours ago (I'm in another country right now with a huge time difference) and I have been awake since 4:30 am and can't get back to sleep. Sucks! Of course, the first thoughts in my mind when I close my eyes are all related to that stupid message. I agree with jumper11 completely.

I wouldn't. You'll start overthinking your message and if/if not you will get a response. Anything you hear back will be overanalyzed etc. My ex sent me an I love you..... along with Merry Christmas right at midnight last year. Sounds promising , right? Nope. Didn't want me back until 2 months later.

This must have been heartbreaking- but hey - at least your ex eventually wanted you back even if it was two months later. My ex said Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Christmas to me in a goodbye early so I have no reason to think he will contact me at all, which makes me sad.

So in essence, I think you are right. To answer the OP: Don't send it unless you are prepared for the worst, which I would think is no response.

If you wouldn't feel comfortable talking to him on the phone and wishing him a happy thanksgiving, no matter what the response then, no, don't hide behind a screen and typing (if that's what is meant by message). Totally agree that you will be nervous waiting for a response and it will be overanalyzed which sabotages healing (in my past experience).

I did today was expecting a response, no such luck. I haven't heard from her since 2 days post breakup, 5 weeks ago but recently it seemed like she might be missing me so I thought today was a great day to try. No such luck.

So wish I hadn't, feel terrible now. Owell atleast I know if it wasn't for me she might have gone through with suicide though it cost me the best girl I ever met.

Thanksgiving was a sore point for me and my ex last year. We were broken up for about a month at the time. She sent me a message the day before and I read it but chose not to respond. The day after she sent me a text asking why I wasn't speaking to her and my response got misconstrued as anger. Needless to say she rebounded with someone else.

Archived