Wall posts versus private messages

peaceOfmind78

I would be offended if someone asked me to make my message less private than I desired. I can't stand having conversations on a facebook wall - if you want to be in touch with me, get together in person , or something similar, send me an email. And if I don't want everyone to see what I want to share with you, that's my business.

I think the bigger question is... why do you want everyone to be able to see who is talking to you and what they are saying?? Why does it matter to YOU where it is if you can read it just the same? It is no additional effort for you to check your inbox than your wall...

Why the exhibitionism?

Yeah... you can't really ask people to go more public. You can ask them to go more private - but not more public.

I think the bigger question is... why do you want everyone to be able to see who is talking to you and what they are saying?? Why does it matter to YOU where it is if you can read it just the same? It is no additional effort for you to check your inbox than your wall...

Why the exhibitionism?

Yeah... you can't really ask people to go more public. You can ask them to go more private - but not more public.

Yes I'm wondering that aswell. You obviously want people to see these messages as tho you have some action happening on your wall. That's all it really is about - which if you think about it is sad!

And you know why you get p/messages. Probably because these guys don't want to piss off the girls that they know are following them on face book!

Rather than post comments on my wall, most guys send me private messages on fb. Why?? Is it rude if i tell them to post their comments on my wall instead of sending me messages in private? What's with the private reply? There's nothing private about what they're saying. Perhaps I just don't get it...enlighten me.

What actually upsets you about this? Do you want the satisfaction of everyone on your friends lists seeing guys talk to you? That's really the only thing I can think of.

Why the exhibitionism?

Because that defeats the purpose. What's the point of hearing from someone if it's not for letting the world know how interesting your posting was and how popular you are.

Archived