Do you still talk your date if you weren't interested after the first date?

Deejmonster

So I had what I would call my first true.. "first date" yesterday. I say this because in the past me and my potential other half just used to hang out and stuff... so I never really considered it a sit down flat out date. Well I met her for coffee yesterday and I feel like it went really well. We shared a lot about things in common and I felt like we really connected. She laughed most of the time with the stories that I would tell and talked about everything from our favorite dog to our families. We talked a little after the date, but I didn't immediately set up a second one, I just felt like it was too soon. We did agree that we should do it again though sometime. I just had a good vibe that I am going to see her again. We talked a little last night and she told me to have a safe drive to work today. I got a text from her this morning, her initiating the conversation, and we have been talking off and on throughout the day. I am very interested in meeting this girl again. My question is, do you girls or guys talk to someone after the first date if you weren't really attracted to them or didn't think it was worth pursuing?

thanks everyone,

Deejmonster

It depends. I wouldn't follow up immediately, by any means, but I might still talk to a guy I've gone on a date with before. If I'm not interested in him for a relationship, any further contact would be primarily in group settings, and more casual as opposed to a dating situation. I feel like one date is just to get to know somebody. You might get there and think the person is fantastic... as a friend. Alternatively, you may want to continue dating, or never talk to them again depending on how the "date" went.

In this situation, she definitely sounds interested though, so if you're worried about that, don't be.

so I asked her out on a second date, I figured it would be nearly the only way of seeing if she was interested in pursuing this further and she said yes. So I guess I don't have too much to worry about right now. I know she likes sushi. So I figured I would ask if she wanted to go get some in the next week or so. Do you think that it is too formal for a second date?

I wouldn't worry about the date "being too soon." If you both like sushi, I think its a great second date. My only concern would be is sushi can get expensive when the liquor flows and you keep ordering. So just order conservatively for yourself, or get a meal type item first. also, it can be as formal or informal as you want. Some places have sushi counters and some are fancy restaurants, and anything in between

I wouldn't worry about the date "being too soon." If you both like sushi, I think its a great second date. My only concern would be is sushi can get expensive when the liquor flows and you keep ordering. So just order conservatively for yourself, or get a meal type item first. also, it can be as formal or informal as you want. Some places have sushi counters and some are fancy restaurants, and anything in between

And sushi buffets.

I like sushi too,...But Im cheap, hahah

I figured it would get a little pricey, but I figured I would pay for the both of us this time. We paid separately last time. I don't think we will be drinking too much if at all.. so I am not worried, we both like sushi, my big worry was finding a place that wasn't too shady or too expensive. If anyone knows any help... im looking in center city Philly haha

Archived