Question for Online Daters...

Ready4anything

I recently joined an online dating site about 3 weeks ago. So far I have talked a number of guys and even gone out on a couple of dates. I really am not an email person and rather get a feel from someone sooner then later. I just wondering how long do you communicate with someone via email or chat before you initiate a meet up or date?

TIA

I was told that the longer you wait to meet, the less likely it is that you will be attracted to the person. This is because we tend to make up an ideal persona in our minds based off the information we gather from internet. The actual person can't compare to the ideal person we made up because our ideal person is just that, IDEAL. So I'd be ready to meet after 1-2 weeks.

Personally not long. The only two prereqs I have before meeting someone is swapping a couple of e-mails and talking to them on the phone first...to make sure it isn't a 13 year old boy who was bored so made an online profile. At that point if a date isn't set very shortly thereafter I don't pursue it.

I just started online dating myself about a month ago so it's all fairly new to me as well and I agree with you that talking to someone on the phone or via chat/e-mail is extremely misleading if allowed to go on for awhile.

Archived