younger boyfriend, is he losing interest

I have a boyfriend who is a lot younger than me. He pursued me and we were just friends for a year, then we became lovers for around a year. but we've been up and down. i don't know if i want to commit to him, we have never said "I love you" to each other. But i am now wanting a closer "I love you" relationship, i think. but now he has spent at least 3 nights out drinking with her in the last two weeks (we don't live together) with a woman he says he doesn't have a crush on but whom he wants to know as a friend. I think she has been flirting with him and has a BIG crush on him (though she is married and has a child). I don't think he should go out drinking with her. Coffee would be ok. He doesn't get home til after midnight. He says our relationship is still good. SHould I be worried? Is this ok? Is he losing interest in me?

Hi Ronna,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for posting your message. I am sorry to hear that your relationship is not going the way you wanted to have this.

You said that he is a lot younger than you are, where women in general even mature faster than guys do. That's why in general like to have a man that is somewhat older than them. As far as the 'drinking' part is concerned I would want to suggest you to draw your own plan. It looks like that this worries you. It might be a good idea to communicate your concerns with him. Tell him that you really like him, but that you have a hard time with what he has been doing with this woman. In this case it would be a good idea to vary sweet words with words of your concerns. He might not see your concerns (remember he's younger than you). By explaining your emotions and feelings towards him, he will know how you feel.

I hope this will help you two grow together. Communication leads to a better understanding. That's why I like talking so much. I wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~