My ex broke it off in July, I had 4 weeks of NC with him and he called. We have SLOWLY and RANDOMLY been "seeing" each other. I'm not sure if all of these signs (him making time for me, inviting me over, calling me, checking on me etc) mean that he is slowly coming back to me, but i can only see it as positive. I'm still giving him his space and I'm letting him come to me. I'm hoping that he realized what he left behind...but is too stubborn to ask for me back (maybe he's doing it incognito??) So maybe he is working his way back into my life the only way he knows how to, without looking/making it seem like he screwed up. Any advice?

This might sound silly and stupid, but my ex-gf and I have been "communicating" our feelings to each other via AIM profiles. We have been doing NC for two weeks now, but lately the profiles she has had (she changes it daily) have been of interesting topics.

Two days ago it was a poem that I'd had on my AIM a month ago after we initially broke up (we decided on NC two weeks later). It was about "a thin line between a lover and a friend.... a thin line between love and a waste of time". Yesterday she had a piece of the song "Fallen" by Sarah McLaughlin with the words "Though I've tried, I've fallen... I have sunk so low... I have messed up... Better I should know... So don't come round here... And tell me I told you so..."

I responded with "Here Without You" by 3 Doors down and then "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel....

I'm not sure if that means I'm having any "luck" with her, but it does mean that she's thinking of me and she knows that I am in the same boat with her.

vert.. i do the same thing with my aim profile.. and I actually think its pretty cute and a good sign for you.. keep it up..good to see something positive around here finally.. and roxy, you are DEFINITELY doing well right now... i still havent heard from the ex... so who knows... he is crazy, but you just gotta love him! =)

I broke NC after 3 months with a short "hi" email - he responded the next day and we emailed each other a couple more times. The emails were casual and short- talking about what's happening these days. His last email didn't ask any questions, so I didn't reply. Now, not sure whether I should start emailing him again. I know that he doesn't like to email, so I should think of this as a good sign.... hmmmm I have also blocked him from msn... maybe I should unblock him. What do you all think?

unblock him..but let him make the contact..and don't always be available when he is online..you want to be available SOMETIMES, but not blatantly always there when he wants to talk... thats just too much. Since you guys had the casual contact, i think taking him off block would be a good idea...keep us posted. =)

-Brianna

my ex and I talk every week or so, and see eachother every week or two, it seems like he is finally figuring out that he messed up. And he is starting to do the calling. But I don't know if we are any closer to resolving anything or not.

I don't want to move on with another guy, I have moved on in lots of other ways, doing stuff I like, visiting friends, trips, walks, music, lots of reading, etc. But I am still not ready to look for a new guy... ok it's been less than 3 months and we are married, but i think I have made huge gains...

I think I want him back, but I want him to make the move. Long story won't go into it, but he should make the move. I was really proud of myself, I didn't try to see him last time he talked, because he was down, I just didn't want to deal with it right now. (death in the family, money woes, job insecurity, oh and my husband left me).. I want him to deal with his own stuff. Figure it out. Then get back to me.

I haven't had any luck, though this site makes me feel better when I'm down and is helping me in my healing process.

I think I have no hope, my ex girlfriend acts as if all our relationship had been a game, she doesn't seem to be hurt, she's in love with her new boyfriend, and has no remorse telling me she's happy, that I was a waste of time for her, and acting like a stupid girl with no empathy towards me.

"Oops, did I hurt you? but I can be your friend"

She kinda said: "Do you have any hope?, sorry, but I'll never come back."

At this moment I don't want to see her again.

The first time she said You're the love of my life, I tod her if she meant it, she said she did, later I felt the same and thought this was gonna be forever, I gave her all my heart

Everything in the universe is patterns, she once left another boyfriend in almost exactly the same situation as me, loving couple, co-worker seduces her, the love's gone. bye bye loser.

I'm sorry for venting here, but I need it, I'm so sad and frustrated.

thanks iceesnowbubble,

I think I will unblock him to see what happens....

k33- i know what you mean by saying that HE should make the first move... but for my case, not sure if I should be the one who is persistent... or him. He was the one who dumped me but I was the one who didn't want to commit.... so where does that put me?

thats kinda tought trinity... if he dumped you because you didn't want to commit, but now you really want him back and are ready to commit, then you have to be just as involved as he is...especially if he starts to show some effort.

Let us know how the unblocking goes.

otrebela, im sorry to hear about your situation. That girl is NOT worth your time..especially if she treats everything as a game... let her realize what she lost, and try not to think of her as much. I'm not going to tell you MOVE ON, because I hate it when people say that to me, because i know how hard it is and how much i dont want to move on... but keep your head up, if its meant to be... well, you know the rest.

k33, your situation is very much in your favor, and im glad to hear that. It seems like recently on enotalone there have been more people having good things to say like how they are in constanct contact with the ex, or the ex broke NC and stuff like that recently, more so then in the past month where there was a lost more heartache around here. Keep us posted guy...anyone else out there having any luck?

hello iceesnowbubble

well its been 2 days of NC for me now, i want to call her but i'd rather not, she usually calls or text me everyday, now i'm beginning to miss her like crazy, its 3:00am in the morning here i can't sleep, i woke up and the first thing that came to my head is her, right now i'm typing on what to say to this topic, i hope i'm making progress here, NC is hard!!!

i love this girl i'm scared that she would think that i am over her and she would move on, oh my god i mis her so much.

just remember, if she forgets about you... then there is no way that you guys can have a relationship, because you can NEVER forget about true love... i used always say that about my ex... that if he forgot about me then we could never work out because i wasnt in his heart..and he ended up coming back soon after that.. (we are apart again..but thats a whole different story )... just remember NC is hard..but you must do it in order to let yourself heal and let the person miss you, if you are alway sin their face, they will get annoyed. Someone on here * i think it was skynet* used an anology about a dog. if you chase after a dog, its just going to keep running away, but the minute you stop chasing and turn and walk away..the dog stops, looks back, and will follow you. haha.. it's kind of lame to use an anology of a dog for people, but its true. So don't chase her, let her realize how great you are and turn around to look for you...

well.. he did about a week ago online, but he had received a prank phone call the night before from my friend when she was drunk..and she said something that hit a nerve, so he got upset and signed of saying we would talk later. I called him and apologized for her behavor, and he said " you have to choose between me or them, because im tired of them calling me all the time" ..which i totally agree with. I made all my friends take him otu of their phone books..and im still waiting to talk to him online again, but from what ive gathered from talking to him he has a really hard schedule this semester at college..and his job takes up his other free time, so he isnt online much nemore..but im being patient, and im okay with the fact we don't talk that often...but we are friends, and who knows...maybe in the future... ( atleast he is talking to me.. a month ago he said he hated me and never wanted to hear my voice again...)

Thanks for the words iceesnowbubble.

It's true, how could I be able to make it with such an immature woman?, she's the kind of person who can't stand things when they get hard, she's dumped job several times, she's dumped school, boyfriends, friends, she's always late. She just want things the easy way, I really wish her good luck with handling her life, but sincerely I think she'll end up tired and resigning to what she has when it happens, my heart's saying good bye to her, now I'm starting to think with my brain, which is better.

Good luck

you are in the right state of mind otrebela.. good job.. if more people around here could get to thinking about things logically more than emotionally, everyone would feel better, but its SO hard... the logical thinking for most doenst come for months... but im happy you are realizing what kind of girl she is... she is going to have trouble in life if that is her mentallity... now.. anyone else out there have some good news with the ex's.. common guys.. i know there has to be something!