What Next? I don't want pride to destroy what could be my only chance....

Naomi99

Here are the facts:

10 year relationship, half of that living together

Broken up 8 months

Strick NC for 4 months initiated by me.

Okay. So after 3.5 months of strict NC, I txted him two weeks ago out of courtesy to let him know some info about the dog. It was very brief and amicable. He responded VERY quickly and was nice. I was stunned on my end at the exchange because I assumed he didn't care about the dog, but he was actually really missing him all these months. I wanted it to go on forever but I stopped it after two lines, and never responded to his last txt. I wanted to cry because I realize how much I missed him...just that small contact.

I also know he is not seeing anyone at the moment. I think he had a rebound that ended unfavorably....my girlfriends are telling me I need to make a move right now if I want to get him back into my life. I do....but I fear four months NC is not long enough. I also am afraid he might start seeing someone else if I keep on with NC any longer. Here is my chance where he might be at the peak of feeling lonely and missing me.

My ideal is to have HIM contact me, but I also know he has a lot of pride, as do I, and we might both be sitting here, full of pride, too stubborn to contact each other.

Someone's user quote here says that pride is one thing that keeps couples from coming together. I don't want that to be us.

Any advice will be appreciated.

I'm the one who initiated NC for that long....it was my choice. It was also my choice to re-initiate the contact about the dog.

Should I just leave it and continue with NC?

I just don't know how to re-enter his life.

We both know we can txt civilly, and they are actually nice txts.

Should I just wait for him to contact me?

i would wait a few days,week ,two weeks...and then write something randomly,,like you saw something that remembered you of a thing you two did(you know such stuff),,or "did i just see you in X,are you there?" ...you get my point

You know what? We are both in Moneyball, and we were both in an episode of some Bravo show. But I was doing NC the entire time, so I couldn't even say anything.

I know most people here won't agree with me, but I'd totally text him if I were you. Wait a couple days, write something casual... I really understand what you said there about too much pride being a problem sometimes, if you feel deep down that it might be your chance, go for it.

you did text each other during NC? thats not real NC then

3.5 months STRICT no contact. No txting, no email. Nada.

Then two weeks ago, FIRST txt after 3.5 months.

Yes, it was really NC. The tears stains on my pillow and empty tissue boxes will vouch for that.

Archived