Am I spending too much time with my boyfriend?

tygerwolf

So I just recently got in a relationship. Its been a while for me. But anyways, my new boyfriend and I have a lot in common and have started spending a lot of time together. At first we saw each other maybe 3-4 times a week. Now we try to see each other every day if we can. Its not because im bored or I have nothing to do. I genuinely think we just enjoy doing everything together! We'll watch movies together, go out, play games, go eat, chat, cuddle, invite friends to hang with us. Ect. All that good stuff.

I never tire of spending time with him. Maybe were in the "honeymoon" phase of our relationship...?

Just so you all know, I haven't forsaken my friends. He and I hang out with my friends sometimes as a group. Or i'll make plans with them alone and let him know. I certainly dont spend every waking hour with him. But see him nearly every day.

What do you think? If were both enjoying ourselves and keeping our own identities in the relationship, is there really such a thing as spending too much time together? What are your thoughts? Im asking mostly because my friends and family seem surprised at how much time he and I spend together. I just want to get some objective opinions. I dont want to hurt his and my relationship by spending too much time together at the beginning.

Hes 27 and im 20. We have been dating for about 3 weeks now so its pretty fresh and new. lol.

funny this thread came up, I'm in the exact same position as you, also same time frame. right now the big question I'm struggling with is 'am I spending too much time with her?' and 'should I cut down on the time we spend together?'

I'm afraid at the rate we keep seeing each other it might burn out fast

I think thats too much, you know what they say the candle that burned twice as bright , burned twice as fast (or something like that), I think for the first month one or two times a week is good, second month 2-3 times and after that 3-4 times, otherwise there will be no mystery, no missing each other, no anticipation, nothing. Make sure you book in alone activities with yourself and your friends, your family and even some alone time just for you.

Archived