People That Are Just Good At Getting High Salaries

But why do you care- how does it affect your life? The negative energy that you put in to venting about "life is unfair" really could be put to better use- the venting is not a contribution to the world either. Why not just be concerned with yourself and your life and live your life the way you see fit - and icing on the cake if you end up being someone who inspires others to contribute to the world.

And if I had to think about how she contributes to the world - no, not in the ways you listed but people have jobs because of her and of course since she consumes so many expensive products that's not bad for the economy either. I would guess she doesn't do it for any altruistic or thoughtful reasons but the effect can be positive.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But why do you care- how does it affect your life? The negative energy that you put in to venting about "life is unfair" really could be put to better use- the venting is not a contribution to the world either. Why not just be concerned with yourself and your life and live your life the way you see fit - and icing on the cake if you end up being someone who inspires others to contribute to the world.

And if I had to think about how she contributes to the world - no, not in the ways you listed but people have jobs because of her and of course since she consumes so many expensive products that's not bad for the economy either. I would guess she doesn't do it for any altruistic or thoughtful reasons but the effect can be positive.

Oh jeez, hold your horses. Batya, why do you care what happens to others on this forum? Why are you on it? We can go in that direction if you choose to.

Oh jeez, hold your horses. Batya, why do you care what happens to others on this forum? Why are you on it? We can go in that direction if you choose to.

I was just sharing my opinion that the energy you're expending venting about people who you see as unfairly successful might be used better to contribute to the world -whether a small kindness or something else. That's all. Your questions have nothing to do with what I wrote.

I'm not a big kim kardashian fan but i do have her workout DVDs. i think they are good. she does have a beautiful body. I like to listen to people in their area of expertise. I'll buy her workout DVDs but I'm not going to look to her for spiritual guidance, for example.

I disagree. Now, at this point in her life, yes, she can retire and do whatever the hell she wants. But before the sex tape, she was working in a minimum wage job. That's it. Take away the fame and money, and she's got nothin' except her looks going for her. It's either get a trade, or a career, or work in a low wage job or find a husband who is financially well off. Otherwise, she's talentless, skill-less, and nothing more.

Do you fully realize just what you are saying right now???

It's what I've been saying all along.

The issue is, you keep ignoring and discounting this fifth route as a legitimate route - this route called Sell You Body.

She's nothing more, AND YET - she's what she is because she's willing to do what so many are unwilling to do due to an artificial social value that denounces Selling Your Body.

The scary part, I suppose is what this means to normal people..."You mean, if I have a rocking body, and I have a sex tape "accidentally" get circulated, I can become an A-list/B-list celebrity known the wolrd over???" Becasue the answer, as provided by these indiviudlas over and over and over, is that YES, this is a legitimate route to obtaining ridiculous sums of money, power, fame, and so forth.

And all it takes is removing clothing. I know, it's sad, but this is a stark reality we have been told to ignore our entire lives. We're told that if we strive hard, work hard, and study long and hard, we'll at least achieve a nice modest middle class income slot. We're told we shouldn't ever do these things that are risky, and yet the people who we all know so well got their inroads by doing just that.

She is nothing, and yet, she has beat us all...

And all it takes is removing clothing. I know, it's sad, but this is a stark reality we have been told to ignore our entire lives. We're told that if we strive hard, work hard, and study long and hard, we'll at least achieve a nice modest middle class income slot. We're told we shouldn't ever do these things that are risky, and yet the people who we all know so well got their inroads by doing just that.

I guess the take-home message is that it's ok to take risks, they may help your life and career. Some people go into a "safe" profession like medicine or law, because their parents want them to do that, so that's what they do, and they are ok at it, but it is not their passion. I know of many people who did things outside the norm, and wound up very successful in their own interesting field. That could mean starting a business, doing something creative, etc....

I don't think that success is measured by your bank account and how many magazine covers you are on. i think it's an internal standard you set for yourself - what you want out of life. Maybe someone's life goal was to be a parent and have 5 kids and have a nice house. And then if they do that, they are happy. That's success. It doesn't have to be a huge multi-million dollar goal.

Something else to consider. First, a degree in anything is worthless than the paper it is printed on to a girl like her. Going to college is not something she's interested in - a DEGREE in business??? She's ALREADY a successful business woman. At this point, she's practically being OFFERED Honorary Degrees from universities already, and she never even WENT to those schools! Perhaps not yet, but it Is common! If she wants a degree, all she has to do is donate a million dollars to a university somewhere, and SHE HAS THE DEGREE!!!

You are thinking about your life and lives in general in terms of how they can best benefit society at large. This may be a hard pill to swallow, but in general, there is no "Society." KK lives for KK and KK alone. And guess what - she's been ridiculously successful doing so!

She owes nobody a thing - and even if she has boatloads of money, there's no altruistic demand on her that she does something like start a cause or lead other's like her by expressing their wealth in greater terms of human happiness. She can buy herself her little isolated chateau and tell the whole world to F Off - and order anythign she wants at the drop of the hat.

Money is the Modern Key to sovereignty. If you have it in large amounts, your vote is worth more. If you have it in massive amounts, you don't even have to vote - you send your lobbyists instead. And if you have extremely large amounts, you don't even have to send lobbyists, the lobbyists come to you! Next level up? Your land is essentially becomes your own private country.

What does it mean to be successful, anyway? Every gauge you have for success is essentially null and meaningless in KK's world.

Something else to consider. First, a degree in anything is worthless than the paper it is printed on to a girl like her. Going to college is not something she's interested in - a DEGREE in business??? She's ALREADY a successful business woman. At this point, she's practically being OFFERED Honorary Degrees from universities already, and she never even WENT to those schools! Perhaps not yet, but it Is common! If she wants a degree, all she has to do is donate a million dollars to a university somewhere, and SHE HAS THE DEGREE!!!

yeah- pretty much! as opposed to fields like medicine, law, or science where that degree is actually required and isn't just a piece of paper, i'd agree that Kim is doing a good job at her business, probably has very good people advising her on her team. thus - why go to business school? (did she even go to college?)

yeah- pretty much! as opposed to fields like medicine, law, or science where that degree is actually required and isn't just a piece of paper, i'd agree that Kim is doing a good job at her business, probably has very good people advising her on her team. thus - why go to business school? (did she even go to college?)

Yeah but....I guess I look at it from my perspective, and not hers. She probably doesn't have an interest in education.

Yes, our terms of success are null and meaningless in KKs world. But I don't think she's got us 'beat'. Money wise, yes. Power wise, well, yes in some ways. But, if you put her in a room of full of scientists that are discussing the latest cancer drug developments, how many you think will listen to her opinion? They'd rather take the opinion in of a lawyer, a doctor, another researcher, a pharmacist, but not hers. Or rather, they will "listen" but not with as much consideration. Why? Because what skills or knowledge does she possess to bring to the table in a scenario as such? Okay, fine, maybe a teacher or a police officer blah blah won't have it either, but you get my point.

So then who is powerful in that scenario?

Archived