I Won't be able to sleep tonight...Should I wait for contacting?

TheVP

There's this girl that I really like that works at a McDonald's near my place of work. Last week, I finally got up my nerve to finally talk to her and messed up everything I planned to say terribly. So, I quickly left the McD's really embarrassed, and once I was back at my office, I realized I left my duffel bag back in a booth back there. I brought flowers along for this girl, but left them in the bag, because I was already feeling too much pressure just to talk to this girl as it was.

So, I looked up this restaurant's phone number, made a call to describe the bag, and where I left it, and asked if I they could hold on to it until I came to pick it up, and they said they could.

Other then the flowers, this bag mostly contained work related materials of mine. In any case, my paranoid mind kept imaging those nosy workers rummaging through there, laughing about the flowers, and learning all details about my life. But I didn't want to go in to see those same workers to retrieve it, so I came in early on Saturday morning instead. A sleepy guy brought it out of the back, and in my car I quickly unzipped it to check to see if it was all in tact, and I was glad everything was just as I left them.

Anyhow, all weekend, the bad experience has been playing in my mind again and again, as well as "what I would have done instead".

I'm going out of town a routine work related trip tomorrow, so just this afternoon, I was getting my stuff ready to pack up. Just an hour ago, I opened my duffel bag, to empty it, and I found a handwritten note in the flowers that said "I LIKE YOUR YOU TOO -SILVIA"

So, now heart is beating a thousand times a second, and I keep on picking up this note and looking at it.

What stinks, is that I'm now heading for Boston for about a week (which now seems like an eternity). Before last week, I've gone to eat at this place every day for lunch, so now it's going to look like I've just retreated because of the experience on Friday (which I admit didn't seem so bad before).

So, should I just play it cool and wait to do something until I get back? Send a postcard from Boston? Make a quick phone call? I'm afraid that might make me look too desperate and too much like a stalker.

Ugh! Really wish I wasn't heading out of town now.

I just love this story!!

I really don't see the harm in sending a postcard when you go to Boston if you rather wait until things die down and return to normal at the restaurant. If you decide to send a postcard, you can say that you are out of town for a week and that you didn't mean to make things awkward at the restaurant. Also you can say that you appreciate the note that was left and you are interested in getting to know her more. You can perhaps have that translated into spanish. I'm sure she will appreciate the gesture.

Good luck to you and keep up posted!

Until we meet again...

I don't think you should send a postcard, or make a phone call from Boston. IMHO, that would just make you look creepy. You should just wait until you get back.

Also, you should be cautious at first.. just to make sure that she is the one that left you the note. I'm just afraid it could have been one of her co-workers trying to be funny.

Anyway, I hope it all turns out well for you..

That is one of the most romantic stories I've ever read.

Definitely don't send a postcard for every other McDonald's employee to read and tease her about.

If you want to play it cool, then wait until you get back. She will be wondering about you every day during your absence. It won't cool her feelings, trust me. But this could be slight misery for her (nothing worse than waiting 10 days for a new man to call, stop by, etc., esp after you just confessed that you like him), so if you want to make contact then you might consider a very brief phone call or letter to tell her that you enjoyed meeting her, you're out of town on business and will be in touch when you get back.

Good luck, would love to hear how this ends up.

Definitely don't send a postcard for every other McDonald's employee to read and tease her about.

THIS!!!!!!!!!! a postcard is sweet, but only if you know her home address. assuming you don't, then don't send it! get her number soon! and e-mail. and buy a spanish phrase book. and rosetta stone. or other language software.

How do you know that SHE wrote that note? I mean it could also be a joke from her colleagues. So I wouldn't send her anything more, just take all your courage, go to eat there like always and just ask her out. If she agrees then the note was really from her and she will go with you. There's no reason to play with time more. I hope you understood me.

How do you know that SHE wrote that note? I mean it could also be a joke from her colleagues. So I wouldn't send her anything more, just take all your courage, go to eat there like always and just ask her out. If she agrees then the note was really from her and she will go with you. There's no reason to play with time more. I hope you understood me.

Unfortunately I did consider that possibility. And now that others' have suggested it, I'm considering it even more. I guess that will be the question that haunts me for the next week.

Thanks for your input everyone.

That would suck if someone else wrote the note for laughs in hopes that he'll return and make a fool of himself. It probably would be best if you wait until you return from Boston.

it does seem very possible that someone else wrote the note considering the black female employee said she doesn't speak english. So how could she write it? (unless she knows some basic english, or someone wrote it out for her).

Aww! This made my day, I love it!!! Such a great story. She didn't take the flowers? Why'd ya guys have to ruin it and say what if it wasn't her! If she left her phone number on that card then I say call her but she didn't right? So just wait it out because you don't want to cause trouble at her place of employment. Calling her there or sending something there is probably not the best idea. Especially if it's not really her.

That would suck if someone else wrote the note for laughs in hopes that he'll return and make a fool of himself. It probably would be best if you wait until you return from Boston.

it does seem very possible that someone else wrote the note considering the black female employee said she doesn't speak english. So how could she write it? (unless she knows some basic english, or someone wrote it out for her).

An english speaking co-worker could have written it out for her!

I agree with going back when you get back from your trip and asking her out directly. good luck!

Best not to send her anything, because it's quite possible the workmates did it for a joke. I hope she did write it herself, but best to wait and make sure. Even if the workmates did it, doesnt mean she doesn't like you, but you'll need to find out some other way, and without risking embarassment because that would make it hard for you to go back there.

Actually, regardless of whether she wrote the note or not (I'm starting to lean on the side of her not having written it, because it would be an unsual thing for her to do, and the workmates would have definitely looked in the bag), you not turning up there for 10 days would definitely kindle her feelings for you if she has any. I hope it works out well for you.

Let's take a step back and look at this logically. Ok so first of all she's in america so she must have SOME english capability. Second of all if someone else wrote it I HIGHLY doubt they would of wrote it so poorly.. makes it seem genuine to me. What you should do now is when you return walk in there, walk up to her and ask her to dinner, forget the note even happened.. forget what you even said... it made it look like you were nervous and lacked confidence.. Build your damn confidence... formulate a plan and stick to it, it doesnt matter if her dad is standing next to her your going to say so and so no matter who's there and who's laughing... let em laugh but in the end YOU'LL GET THE GIRL, so who really laughs then? Its funny because when im out and I hit on a girl and lets say she has a BF so she shoots me down my friends will laugh at me, you know what my response is? "your laughing at me yet you're sitting here talking to a group of GUYS... " Bring a menu from a restaurant you like and point at it if you have to and be like "dinner?" (however you say that in spanish) if she shakes her head then you can say 8 o clock, friday, heres my number... in spanish obviously (shouldnt be too difficult to learn)... just try not to be too nervous and make sure you come off confident that she will say yes, there's no possibility of a no... that's when youll be most comfortable and poised. You think you're uncomfortable now? Wait til you're on your first date with her trying to communicate with her LOL... BTW give yourself enough time to learn a few key things to say in spanish...

Archived