can 6yr relationship be rekindled after a 3 yr breakup

J1nx3d

Ok short version, I was in a 6 year relationship, i was being neglected besides begging and pleading nothing was done. I began to look for love elswhere and broke up with my boyfriend. I suffered alot of pain and anger and went on a rampage of hurting people. It was game of how many people i could destroy... until I moved country and met a guy who did not circum to my evil games, Instead I was thrown in therapy and have been in a relationship with this guy now for 2.5 years. The death of my ex´s brother has bought me back to the country, and spending time with his is agonising... im realising im in love with him. I´m realising the reason I cant move on with my life because he was the one I have always wanted to be with. However I cant find it in me to tell him. He has been in a relationship 1.8mnths has bought a house and everything with this girl but so many people tell me he is unhappy.

We have been spending alot of time together and seeing him laugh and reminding him of the amazing person he is during this difficult time has been wonderful. I love being here for him. Im going back to my other life in the other country in 15 days, I will probably lose him forever and Im so afraid. Should I tell him how I feel and risk the possibility of rejection? or keep quiet and continue on my journey and let him get on with his life? We have been broken up for 3 years... I know he deserves better, but i love him so much it confuses me. Im hating myself...

I know it's hard, but I think you should break things off with your current boyfriend and just be single for a while. You haven't had a chance to spend time on your own in almost a decade, which may be another reason why you're not able to move forward in your life. I think you are panicking because you miss your ex, and something is lacking in your current relationship. But the fact is, your ex is with someone else right now. No matter what anyone else says about his relationship with her, the reality is that he has chosen to be with her at the moment.

Give yourself some time. You still had the chance to be around him after three years, so there's no reason to think you'll "lose him forever" if you back away now.

Whatever else you decide to do, it's clear that you need to break up with your current boyfriend. Be single. Learn to be a whole person on your own.

I completely agree with this. You keep looking for relationships to make you happy..but it doesn't sound like you are happy within yourself. Forget about this guy because he is already with someone. If he is unhappy it could be for many reasons, none of it having to do with wanting to be with you. As for your current bf...clearly that is not working out for you so it is time to set him free so he can find someone who truly wants to be with him. You need some alone time away from relationships to really work on yourself.

Archived