How do you feel when an ex changes after your relationship ends?

This is kind of a for-fun topic (depending on what side of the fence you're on I suppose.) How do you feel if you break up with someone, and they cope with the end of the relationship by making a ton of positive changes, including some changes you had asked them to make during the relationship?

Does it make you mad? If so, why?

Does it make you want them back? If so, why? If not, why not?

Or do you just not care?

If I wasn't over the relationship, then I would want the worse for her, to have her fail, etc. So knowing that she was doing better would hurt more than anger. Simply because she hurt me, so she has to hurt too.

If I was over the relationship, then I would want the best for her and feel happy in knowing that she's changing things to improve her life and future relationship. Then, I'd think what we could have been. And then forget it and live for the future.

But in either case, I would be in NC until I've healed so I wouldn't have heard about her positive changes until I was healed. Hopefully anyway.

My ex pretty much thinks he needs no improvement, physically or in any other way. (Not trying to sound cocky for him, but he's already ripped, friendly, girls love him, and he's the top school athlete. He sees no need for change).

After breaking up, I started making small positive changes for myself. I went out more instead of rotting at home. When my ex found out, he got surprisingly quiet. When I changed my hair, my ex got jealous. And he let it show over and over. In his words, "Rita, I like your hair. It looks very nice. ...Rita, when you were with me, you wore your hair more conservative. But now that we've broken up, you've saved the best for other lovers." (LOL!) When his friends saw me for the first time (they're from overseas)--They were very agreeable and flirtatious, right in front of him. It was cute. I wish he had shown those emotions a little more during our actual relationship, instead of after the fact.

Now, I'm taking control of my body: aerobics and mild weight exercises. Onward and upward.

This is kind of a for-fun topic (depending on what side of the fence you're on I suppose.) How do you feel if you break up with someone, and they cope with the end of the relationship by making a ton of positive changes, including some changes you had asked them to make during the relationship?

Does it make you mad? If so, why?

Does it make you want them back? If so, why? If not, why not?

Or do you just not care?

I usually don't stick around much after a breakup to find those kind of things out. Usually you find out after it's over and it's like, "Look at me, I've changed." I'm all about change, so good for you. I never play that card after a breakup, if anything I keep small successes like that to myself. And I won't be quick to throw out whether or not I'm seeing somebody or not. If I'm really happy and enjoying myself I don't have to try to make the ex jealous or like she's made a mistake or anything like that. If I'm happy, it'll be known.

Archived