should i send a b'day card..

i know this question gets asked a million times but i need advice..

i split from my ex last may after 4 years, well 7 months later we get back together, this lasts until june this year(5 months) and we split again, both times its her both times we split on good terms...contact has been minimal and friendly...this time i don't want her back as i know were not rite together..ive meant a new girl who i really like...anyway its the ex b'day next week and it will feel very strange not sending her a card...i want too but out of respect for the new girl should i send one??

any help and i would be grateful!, thanks

I was just about to write the same post! So funny.

I think that you should do what you feel. Sending a birthday card to someone you care about is a nice thing to do. It doesn't imply you are going to leave your current girlfriend.

For me, if anyone could help, my situation is that i haven't had any contact whatsoever for over 2 months now. My birthday was 3 weeks ago and my ex didn't contact me in any way. His birthday is in 2 weeks.

I don't know what to do. I guess since he didn't send me anything, that i should do the same. But it hurts me to be like that.

To recant my story, he broke up with me after dating for 1year without any problems in the relationship. The problems came from within him. He had just got divorced when he met me and now after a year, wants to date and be free, since he feels like he never had the chance.

In our last conversation he told me he liked his life the way it was now and would be alright if we were "friends that talked occasionally". But i haven't heard a peep from him. I think he needs to see what life is like without me, so i have none the nc thing.

But I was wondering if i should continue by not sending a card or try opening some kind of communication with him by sending a card?

But I was wondering if i should continue by not sending a card or try opening some kind of communication with him by sending a card?

Sweetione, what kind of conmunication/conversation you want to have with him? To my best guess, if you send the card, he would probably say thank you in return if not more. Sending a card is a good thing to do if you care about that person and it wouldn't be hurt but please don't expect that it would open up any kind of communication. He is now happy with his single status and he will be like that for a while. Sending him a card will tell him that you care about him. As you said that you two were apart without any problem in the relationship, so he will come back to you if you two are meant to be together. If I were you, I would send it but not expect anything. Hope this helps.