Ghosts in the machine.

Hi all. I hit the wall this weekend for some reason and am sucking wind this morning. I went to Montreal for the weekend with a girl I’ve been dating for a while. She’s incredibly nice, fun and kind and has been very good to me. I travelled extensively with my ex though and this is one of the places we used to go and I found myself thinking back to all the good times we had. It sort of killed the experience for me. My friend didn’t notice but it was a struggle for me the second day.

It’s been a year and a half now and I thought I was past this so it was kind of disappointing. I’m forced to admit I still miss her. I’m always amazed by how long this kind of crap hangs around after the breakup. My friend is kind of going through the same thing right now and he’s a bit further along then I am. Sucks that we have to deal with ghosts for so long after the relationship dies.

Eocsor I think its difficult to avoid the ghostly feelings when you are involved with someone for a long time. I'm sure Montreal brought back some positive memories of your ex which you can't avoid, thus missing her. Maybe on the next trip go to a different place with your current girlfriend or have her pick and hopefully you both will bring back new postive memories. GL

Archived