why would ex friend behave this way?

phasegirl

Long story short, I had a friend who was like a soul sister to me but we broke off the friendship. I haven't spoken to her in almost a year. The break up wasn't over anything serious, really, just catfight kind of things, where apparently I started to get on her nerves (she claims that I'm clingy), but I say she suffers from paranoia imagining things about me (usually negative) that aren't really there. For instance, I once gave her an iphone for her birthday, and she says it was so that I can show off to people how great I am.

Needless to say we stopped talking and things ended on a very bad note.

This is the situation now:

She's been posting things about me on facebook. At the beginning, I brought it to her attention, in a nice way, but she completely avoided me. Fact is, she blocked me. Then a mutual friend of ours tried to ask her nicely to stop doing that, but she avoided the mutual friend and continued to post. The things she posts are basically about comments that I leave on other people's facebook pages or on other public forums. For instance, if I say the sky is blue, then she'll post on her facebook that people who think the sky is blue must be morons.

I know her comments shouldn't bother me, but they do because she's somewhat popular online at least, and most know she's talking about me.

Now I'm at the point where I know I can't do anything about it, but I'm wondering what would cause anyone to behave in such a way? I used to think she was better than this, but apparently not. What could be going on in her mind that even after almost a year of not speaking to each other, she still finds the time to spew her hatred over the net on a public forum where everyone knows she's talking about me.

Her reaction to your gift shows that she is jealous of you and she probably thinks that you think that you are better than she is.

Jealousy is a corrosive emotion that doesn't end when the friendship ends. That is why she is continuing her hate campaign.

If you don't react to her childishness and just carry on as if she isn't doing it, she will be shown up as the vindictive person she is. Remember, don't sink to her level, and she wont have any real ammunition against you!

Archived