Hey all. This is my first post on this forum.

I'm a 17 year old male from New York City. In 1999, I became internet friends with Becky, a girl one year older than me who lives in Michigan. She was like the female version of me. We had so many things in common that it was mind-boggling. Over three years, we developed feelings for each other and became a long-distance couple in January 2002. I visited Becky in May 2003 and it was the happiest time of my life. We both thought we would be together forever. We even planned to marry and have kids. We felt that strongly about each other. We were in love.

In October 2003, Becky broke up with me because the distance got to her. Currently, she has a new steady boyfriend who lives in her town and they're both crazy about each other. They started dating in November.

I miss Becky terribly. She barely talks to me anymore. There is a monstrous void in my heart where she should be. She was my bestest buddy in the whole world. Now it's like she never existed. She doesn't answer my e-mails, calls or letters. I've all but given up hope of reclaiming at least the close friendship we had before. That's really all I want.

What should I do?

first off.. its amazing u guys hit it off so well.. its usually really hard to find someone like that...

i think u should give it time.. n then try n get ahold of her... cuz u never kno if ur startin to get anoying or n e thing like that n thats the last thing u want.. u dont want her to never talk to u again so0o maybe a lil space... n sooner or later shes gunna end up fightin with whoever it is n she'll be lookin for some confert... n write her an e-mail sayin suttin like if u ever need n e thing im here for u.. n stuff like that n let her kno that u only wanna be friends (fer now atleast) n maybe if her n this other dude arent workin out then she'll come back to you.. ya never kno

Hey tweadled beetle,

Listen to me man. First of all, i've been there...and it hurts really bad. I don't think my ex has a new love and trust me not knowing if she does/does not is BLISS!!

I know this is hard, but if you want her back, you have to stop writing to her, or calling her e.t.c. She is now with someone else. Does that mean she has moved on? NO. She thinks about you too. But understand that it is possible to love two people at the same time. And she loves him too.

Give her time. Maybe even a few years....and she will miss you. Don't forget, ABsense MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER. SILENCE BREAKS THE HEART AND BENDS THE WILL.

Wow, I'm really surprised things got off on the better foot with the LD relationship.. Good for you in that department. Unfortunately, the curse of LD relationships not really working out haunts you. I do really feel for you, my friend. That is aweful. Best thing you can do is really just keep your chin up, and start looking in the local areas for friends to get to know... You never know, maybe one day she will drop you a line-- point is not to get your hopes up-- because ultimately, its not fair to you to wait for someone who has moved on 100s of miles away....