Recently broke up with gf. Painful.

whysoalone

So I recently broke up with my GF. We had an argument one night on the phone and gave each other space for the night. She went out that night to hang out with some other guy, ended up sleeping with him (she never admitted to it) now she's broken up with me and gone to him. They're already in a relationship and announced it to everyone. Some people are so cruel. I'm moving on slowly, I hope anyway. Still, I've just moved to a remote town in Australia, and i'm struggling with no one around me. Just thought i'd post and share my small life story.

welcome to ena. i know its hard been cheated on and it hurts, but this girl does not deserve u . you deserve some one better. i know it hurts right now .im going to give u some advice, step one to heal, delete her off faceboob,myspace or anything like that, step two get everything she ever game u and put it in a box put it some where that u usaly dont go threw. delete all her pictures dont call or text her because its only going to hurt more. come here for advice and to vent your not alone we r here for u

Thanks, Ferna! I've taken all of those steps. Completely rid of her tbh. I'm trying my hardest to move on with my life, but as I said, i've moved to a remote town and I have nothing here. I start work on Wednesday for a mining giant (Barrick Gold). Hoping to save up Annual Leave and as much money as possible to go on a small european trip. I'm setting myself up for life, but I hate doing it alone. And living so far away from friends and family and having no one to cuddle up to at night is painful as all..

But, time heals everything is the moto I live by, so hopefully with time I can remember to myself, "She wasn't worth it"

a girl who acts like this isnt worth it. and yeah like u said time cures everything but when u feel down make sure not to dwell on it. we are all here on ena to help. this site has helped me out like u wouldnt believe. been heart roken can be devistating but it gets better.can u get a friend or family member to visit u for a while?one thing i advice dont drink because it will only make the pain worse

Some people are so cruel.

You had an argument, the two of you broke up, she moved on rather quickly with another guy. Some people do that, others take time to heal which is probably healthier but is still a personal choice.

Not sure why that makes her "cruel".

You had an argument, the two of you broke up, she moved on rather quickly with another guy. Some people do that, others take time to heal which is probably healthier but is still a personal choice.

Not sure why that makes her "cruel".

It was the most minor of arguments, it really wasn't anything serious. That same night she went to see another guy, slept with him, strung me along for a few days while I waited and hoped. THEN decided we weren't going to work. That same afternoon i found out through a friend of ours, she'd started seeing that same guy.

How is that not cruel? That's the lowest of the low.

It was the most minor of arguments, it really wasn't anything serious. That same night she went to see another guy, slept with him, strung me along for a few days while I waited and hoped. THEN decided we weren't going to work. That same afternoon i found out through a friend of ours, she'd started seeing that same guy.

How is that not cruel? That's the lowest of the low.

Well that's a bit more detail.. she dumped you, but led you to believe she might take you back, when she really had no intention of doing that because she already had another guy lined up and didn't say anything to you.

If that's how it went down, that's messed up for sure.

However.. you say it's the "most minor argument" as if she didn't have a valid reason for breaking up with you. There was a lot more to it than that.. there were problems there, at least for her, even if she didn't share. Unfortunately most people don't, they put up with it until it's too much of a hassle, they find someone better, and they move on. It's not "nice", it's not "respectful", it's more than a little insensitive but heck, most people are in it for #1, and if you aren't meeting their needs you're expendable.

Oh, it was the most minor. I mean, there was really nothing to it, I got home from a 12hour shift at work and fell asleep on the phone to her. That's it.. It's j ust one of those stupid times in life where it didn't go your way I guess..

My point was that it wasn't about the argument at all.

hey hey now , you're only 22 dear, as you said to me ha i'm kidding though. Once you start work working i am sure that will keep your mind pre-occupied. I'm sorry for what happened to you, you deserve better. This site has helped me a ton, and it will for you too. Its nice getting people's support, who don't even know you! Starting over in a new town must be hard too, do you know anyone there? Good luck with your new job.

hey hey now , you're only 22 dear, as you said to me ha i'm kidding though. Once you start work working i am sure that will keep your mind pre-occupied. I'm sorry for what happened to you, you deserve better. This site has helped me a ton, and it will for you too. Its nice getting people's support, who don't even know you! Starting over in a new town must be hard too, do you know anyone there? Good luck with your new job.

But I really am only 22! Haha, I know. I'm looking forward to the day I do start work. It's the biggest step I'm going to take in my life. I still have to find my own place though And no, I don't really know anyone here. It's actually incredibly lonely, no one to talk to so I'm just trolling these forums

My point was that it wasn't about the argument at all.

I'm honestly not sure, nothing seemed rocky. I think she was just easily persuaded and had a change of heart.

Win some, you lose some! I'm going to not try and dwell on it. Keyword being "try".

I'm honestly not sure, nothing seemed rocky. I think she was just easily persuaded and had a change of heart.

Win some, you lose some! I'm going to not try and dwell on it. Keyword being "try".

No need to dwell..

However

You may want to be more "aware" of the other person.. how they're feeling, how they're expressing themselves, really listen to what they're saying. A relationship probably never ends due to one minor argument. I'm suggesting the signs were there, you just didn't see them. Denial runs strong in most people. The last two relationships I was in, I complained to them several times about problems I had with them and the relationship. It fell on deaf ears. Finally I ended each relationship and both times they were like " I can't believe you broke up with me, things were great!". I still shake my head thinking about it.

Point being, it's a lot easier to try to fix what's broken before things come crashing down. Often you don't get a second chance and even if you do you've got an uphill battle because the dumper will think you're just forcing yourself to change so they'll take you back.

haha we're both still young doesn't make it any less hard please feel free to email me if you'd like! I feel you on being lonely, well I guess you more so because you just moved to a new town and don't know anyone! My email is on my profile. Hope you managed to have an okay weekend.

Archived