If a guy gives you his number...

I need an answer from the guys here (or girls). This guy I've fancied for ages came up to me a few days ago and asked if I'd do him a favour (I'd only been talking to him a couple of times before), he wanted me to check out something for him at work and he said he'd give me his number and I could text him about it. Does that mean anything?? Be completely honest with me here!

Call him back, you never know. I actually gave my number to the girl I am dating now and she called me back. We have gone out a couple of times and it has been nothing short of wonderful!!! If you are interested in him, why not give him a call. If I gave you my number and you called me back, I would like it

Well, it's "the thing to do" when a guy wants to know you better and gives you his number. So then it's your own free will to call or not. I thought the "text message" thing you've mentioned were quite interesting, why not just phone?? I guess perhaps he's much more comfortable with text messaging than talking on the phone.

I think it can be a sign of a friendly gesture (to get to know you better), or it can be a courting strategy for a non-aggressive guy's approach. The only way to find out is to call him.

Well, you can text him about whatever info he wants, but then add a little something else after that. Ask him a question, or make a comment that could lead to more texting/conversation.

I made the mistake once of being too "to the point" with one guy and I regretted it. He called about one thing, and I simply answered his question, and that was it. I think he might have been interested, because we'd had some interaction before the call.

If you leave the door open with your guy, then if he's interested, he'll walk through. If it's really just about getting info from you, then at least you'll know. Good luck!

AArgh! Sorry to hear it happened that way.

Well, is it possible for you to text him and make sure he got what he wanted? Like, 'just checking to see if you got the info you needed. I can help you with additional stuff if you want.' Or does he know that you know he got helped already?

Supawoman, I'm glad you did it! I know it's a little scary putting yourself out there, but I still think that's better than wondering "what if ..."

We're all afraid of being too obvious, but I don't think that texting him is as obvious as, say, throwing yourself all over him at bar.

I hope you do hear back from him! But even right now, you can be proud of yourself that you are the kind of woman who takes action when she cares about something. It's better to take a little risk than be a coward. No risk, no reward. It shows you have confidence.

If he doesn't respond this time, just wait, like Spirit's Away said. There may come another opportunity, or he may contact you for another reason. Don't stress too much about it, okay?

DARN IT, Give me the guys number so I can tell him to call you.... Yeah, I read the whole thing, with a smile on my face, like "call him supawoman - dont text page aghhhhhh!!!" It was fun, I hope you come back and tell us what happened cause Im all up in your business now girl! Go supawoman, its your Birthday