Healing Through Art - Have You, Are You, Would You, Will You

Hi All,

I bought some professional quality pastel crayons and paper today and have been practising. I saw so many thing at the art supply store I would like to buy - some water-color pencils and gold pens. I like using the crayons because you have to used your fingers to smudge and blend it, and that feels more therapeutic to me. After some practise, I would like to start a larger mandala and hang it in my living room when it's finished. I'm thinking lots of bright colors and gold outlines.

Hi and hugs TOG, Most of the time, I feel like I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I do feel though that I have a good sense of color. I'm still playing around and got myself a geometry set so I can work out some of the popular patterns in mandala. My friends at the mandala group really liked the one I did there, but it's not one I would like to hang in my living room or anything. I want to do one that makes me feel really good when I look at it too.

Unfortunately, I'm so tired this morning as I hardly slept last night, that I'm not going to my dance class as I have a double shift later on in the pm. I think a rest will be better for me than the dance group today.

PS You should see some of the art my friend did post the breakup she had six years ago with who she thought was the love of her life. As I said, some of her art was sold, some given away, but she has some of it hanging. A lot of it has subjects who are women, Sort of childish representations with these big eyes. She has tried to talk me into going to art classes because I don't really have the confidence to try and paint people. A long time ago, I bought some of those art books which show you step-by-step and it was okay. I managed to paint vases of flowers and I did a barn. I also once enjoyed sketching my neighbours old house. Like I say, I'm not a good drawer, but they weren't difficult subjects. Anyone here go to art classes or used the books I'm referring to?

Archived