SO frustrated with the dating game!

allie24

I haven't been on here for a long, long time but my friends have endured my venting enough and I'm sure many people on here can relate!

I have the worst luck with men. So I was really happy when I met this down-to-earth, genuinely friendly guy about a month ago. We were hitting it off, seeing and calling each other a couple of times a week and texting every day. He came over to watch a TV show and met my parents (NOT a whole 'meet the parents' thing, I'm a student and still live at home) and thereafter everything got SO weird. His actions (not replying to my texts straight away or not at all) don't match up with how he says he feels. We'd both agreed we weren't ready for anything serious and he says he really likes me. Being an honest person I tried to ask him, straight out, if he was getting bored and wanted to stop seeing each other. He said definitely not, but kept ignoring half my texts. So I asked him again a week later and he called and said he definitely wants to keep seeing each other. I texted two nights ago to see how his day was and haven't heard anything from him since. WHY is this pattern happening if he wants to keep seeing me?! I've given him so many easy ways out and he hasn't taken them, yet he acts so disinterested apart from when on the phone with me!!

GRR! Can anyone relate?

Sounds like he is trying to slow it down a little. Try not contacting him for a while and see what happens. It may have become a little to much and he is backing off. Are you exclusive? He may be dating others if not.

Stay busy with your life and let him come around on his own and if he doesn't it is his loss.

If a guy knows you are there waiting he is less interested but if he doesn't know where he stands he will be more attracted. Let him wonder what you are up to. If he contacts you after he hasn't heard from you in a while and asks what you have been up to just tell him "nothing special" and leave it at that. Let him drive the conversation for a little bit and make sure you make him suggest that you hang out together.

Lost

Thanks lostandhurt, I guess that's kind of my plan. I just really don't want to fall into that mindgame trap of who's going to contact who first etc etc...I guess I just have to wait and see. We're not exclusive, no. We both agreed on that for now.

I wouldn't ask him if he was bored (I mean, why would you, a special woman, ever bore anyone, right?) but why not ask him -not by text -if he wants to do something -plan a fun activity. If he is interested in seeing you and not just having you as a chat buddy to flirt with, he will do whatever it takes to schedule a date with you.

Archived