am I just holding on too tight?!

texaslove

I was just sitting here thinking about the time he told me 3 months into our relationship... around september, that he would wait forever for me, through school and everything... He broke up with me now though, and when i see him at work he won't even look at me... completely ignores me and yet IIII am the dumpee.. oh well...

Would I be stupid to go up to him and ask if he is just needing time and space, and if he ever plans on contacting me and getting back together eventually?! I mean afterall i did pretty much write this in the letter i sent him 2 months ago and received no response?!

I think I am just venting? I really hate to make a fool of myself, but it is killing me... I HATEEEE when guys break up with you and "to be nice" they say things like "you're not losing me A, this just isnt working"... that makes me hold on, with all my strength which SUCKS!!!!!! Just flat out tell me you dont love me anymore.. itd hurt really bad to hear that, but atleast i might be able to get it into my skull and start moving on... i dont understand

Don't do that. You will open yourself up to a world of hurt.

Actions speak louder than words. He won't look at you, ignores you, and did not respond to your letter about future contact and possibly getting together. He is speaking without speaking.

People say things to smooth over the blow when we break up. We also say things that while, we may have really meant at the time, it's just not a promise that we can keep or follow through on. I'm sorry that you're hurting. Consider his actions(or lack thereof) your closure.

Archived