Why did my guy friend get jealous when i was talking to another guy?

cn86

i was out for a few drinks with my friend and a few of his lad friends. there was one guy i had never met before as he was a college friend from outside town. we got talking and we seemed to get along quite well in my opinion. i didn't fancy him but he was a nice guy to talk to. i then got a text message from my friend (who's a guy) saying 'if you get with my friend im not gonna talk to you anymore' he's 26 years old by the way and behaving like a teenager. i thought it was a pretty childish thing to do. when ever i get talking to his guy friends he gets so jealous and accuses me of ignoring him and not being a proper friend. im thinking of just cutting all ties with him. i think he has influenced other guys and turned them away from me. he's very good at manipulating people. and i really think he has proved my point.

Am I correct in assuming that he has acknowledged feelings for you? I'm not excusing his behavior because I agree that it is childish, but at the same time he's making it clear that he has feelings for you which you need to address in some fashion. While you see him as a "friend" he certainly seems to see it as something else.

Am I correct in assuming that he has acknowledged feelings for you? I'm not excusing his behavior because I agree that it is childish, but at the same time he's making it clear that he has feelings for you which you need to address in some fashion. While you see him as a "friend" he certainly seems to see it as something else.

Whether he's admitted he has feelings for you or not, it's clear that he does which means he's not your friend. He'll wait around for you forever pretending to be your friend, acting just the way he is now about other guys until you get sick of it and cut ties with him or until you give in and give him a chance at a relationship with you.

Archived