Why Is Dating Complicated?

Alec

Well i'm just throwing this topic out there for anyone to discuss. But in all seriousness why is Dating complicated, why are relationships COMPLICATED. Ex.

1) There are over a thousand little things that can end a relationship

2) A relationship to me seems to be extremely fragile, and after all i've seen and witnessed over the past 3 months i'm wondering, what is the point anyways?

3) It seems also that a thousand little things can go wrong at any time and that even though most of them aren't your fault, or your partner's fault they can still damage a relationship.

I'm not sure exactly how to phrase this other than simply, "Why does dating and relationships have to be complicated and not simple such as love between two people that are willing to do whatever they can to make the other person happy as well as themselves."

Thoughts, Comments, Additions? All welcome

Unfortunately,

Men and women don't come with instructions. We normally base our judgements on our own past or the past of others that we know. When we find someone that we really like, we tend to become more secretive about the way that we feel. This has its pluses and minuses. Sometimes it is difficult to say exactly what you want to say to the other person.

This leads to a lack of communication on the part of both parties which seems to wittle away at the intimacy between the two partners. The way that we treat the other person often reflects our own insecurites, what ever they may be. We often say things when we are upset that makes the person distance themself from us emotionally.

It does take a strong and confident person to communicate with others on the topic of love and relationships. Relationships are not for the faint of heart. If the person doesn't have the same level of commitment to make the relationship work, even in tough times, then they need to make those feelings clear to the other person.

Because we are dealing with things that we largely can't define. We know what we like when we see it, but be damned if we can accurately describe it. Attraction is a funny thing and comes and goes. Once we have something we want, it's an even greater challenge to keep us interested...

Relationships are weird. There is no telling what is going to happen next. I see it as one of those, "If it's mean to be, it's meant to be" kind of things. I have been broken up with my ex for two weeks now and so much has happened to me that it is unbelievable. Sometimes people just have issues that they never tell you about. My ex broke up with me after close to two years with the excuse of "I still have feelings left for my ex." After 2 years? Go figure. Enjoy life while you can, it is way too short.