Who do you talk about money problems, if anybody.

acfan

I am a single guy in my forties. I have no kids or girlfriend. So, when I have problems with money, like I am having now, I have no one to talk to. The people I have talked to in the past have, in my opinion, been judgemental and critical. It is weird that people would sooner talk about their sex lives than their finacial lives. I know it is hard being married and having money problems, but being single it is scary and I feel so alone. So, does anybody talk about money troubles with another person or do you just suck it up in silence?

I am sorry to hear about your money problems, I too am recently single and living on my own +stopped contact with a lot of my friends and understand when money gets tough its so much harder by yourself, I am lucky I do have a mother and a brother that I can talk to but I hate doing it as I don't want them worrying about me.

I find that money tends to come and go but I have also found that everything always seems to work out in the end, It can be really tough but stick it out and you will get through these hard times! If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me.

To be honest me and my ex-fiancee used to fight over money and get depressed over money problems and it really never helped us any talking about it. as it ended up us breaking up in the end with money being one of our biggest problems, its actually kind of nice knowing I don't have another mouth to feed or to worry about if our TV/Cable gets shut off for a couple days because I am in control and I can deal with it instead of "we" I figure worst case scenario I can eat top roman for a couple weeks but to watch someone you care about so much do it was what broke my heart.

Best bet is to cut down on expenses (skip that daily starbucks or newspaper) start selling stuff online that you don't need or use anymore and try to dig yourself out of the ditch you may be in.

Places like here and there are other dedicated forums that can give you an idea what you can do to resolve financial issues. Many have gone through financial hardships but give sound advice; I always recommend creditboards forum to many. Very knowledgeable and often times helpful. From purchasing, investing, fixing credit reports, bankruptcies, medical bills, etc. They cover all topics.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for some folks to talk to who are also working on their money problems, maybe see if you can find a Financial Peace University course near you. Its a class/group based on the financial concepts of Dave Ramsey. If you are someone who needs to learn how to manage your money better and get/stay out of debt, it could be good for you- and you will be with others who you can discuss your concerns with.

Another idea would be to look on your local meetup or craigslist to see if there are any financial/budget support groups in your area. I would guess you can probably find one on meetup if you live in a large enough city.

Good luck!

Archived