Worst Excuses For Breaking Up

"The tarot cards told me to break up with you."

Yep, and the fortune cookie told me to slap the tar out of ya for being so dumb. Gimme a break!!!

'It's not you but ME

Popular and stupid. Nuff said.

" I left you , cause I was afraid that I could love someone that much"

Can we say LOST IN THE SAUCE??? Let's say it together....

"i dont want a b/f right now" - lol a girl told my friend that, yet hooked up with someone new that night!

An example of a pure scumbag right there. TOTALLY inexcuseable!

"you're too nice of a guy for me, I dpn't want to hurt you" - bahahaha

My point exactly.

Wow! Ur sleek I think i'm crushing on you Outlaw! I think your cute!

But yes, my ex was such a scumbag. He even told me he can't be with me EVER again because he promised his parents! WHAT THE?!

Ummmm......wow! Thanks Ated! I never think anyone would think I am that cute and...sleek. But yes, don't worry about him. You do not deserve that treatment at all.: But I am amazed at your compliment, thank you. I don't get your ex at all.....glad you got away from him!

My posts have alot of replies? Maybe they are popular ideas not many have though of. I get my inspiration form things I have been through and what you guys have been through.

When you say a strong stand do you mean this thread specifically? I have a strong stand here because I have heard so many stupid excuses and I would like to hear what everyone has been through ya know?

• 2 weeks later...

How about this one?Iwas so in love with you that I had blinders on , I was so crazy in love with you I couldn't see how crappy our relationship was, throwing yourself on the floor and begging me to stay and how much you love me, and the next day telling me you do not love me anymore?Thought these were some good original ones(30 y/o male) told me last week after being together for a year and buying a 10,000 dollar engagement ring and asking me to marry him on 3/26/04

"We just have conflicting personalities"

"Our family backgrounds are too different"

And finally, after telling me he is in love with me, misses me terribly, and may try to get me back:

"We've hurt each other too much"

All lame, non-specific excuses.

At this point, I would just like to know what really happened so I can close it up and move on.

See? This is why I made this topic. Just to see what kind of retarded stuff these horrible or confused people can come up with. Thse are some truly the lamest excuses possible. Sorry that I don't have one to share with y'all but I love reading what you guys have experienced.

Well, I think some of these replies may be lame, but they're less harsh than the truth in many cases. As Avman said in an earlier post...

Anyway, I've not had to break up with too many people (I usually have the honor of being the one getting dumped ), but the few times I have, I've noticed that when you give the lame excuses at first, they keep pressuring for the real reason...and when you finally give it to them, you're a horrible, judgemental person, etc...

For example, I dated a guy who drank too much, was impotent, and was about to get fired from his job. I tried to ease out of the relationship, but he kept saying I was a "commitment-phobe". I finally just said look, you KNOW exactly why I want out! You're an alcholic, you're impotent and totally unstable financially.

Of course, that went over well. To this day if I run into this guy he looks at me like I'm the most evil person that ever crossed his path.

Sorry, but lame excuses are easier than the truth!

I dated a psychotic guy for 3 months, who stalked me during and after we stopped dating. He ended it with "I'm in love with someone else." Then 3 weeks afterwards, tells me he wants to work things out. I turned him down, so he begins stalking me. I finally spend almost 6 hours on the phone with him to convince him that he took me for granted, so he's to blame for the breakup so leave me alone. And he finally did.