Phone tag - your it

Ok to make a long story short, I have a close online friend that i known for years. Well its been a while since we really talked like on the phone or anything because we both been busy with work,school etc.

He called & left me a message on my machine yesterday.

He said hi and i dont have that number where hes at that he will call me later to say hey and see what i am up too. I miss his call because i was out with a friend . he called two times actually because after he left me a message about an hour later he called again and just hang up without leaving a message. I guess because he knows he already left one message so why leave another.?

Well, I wrote him an email as soon as I gotten home and stuff and haven't gotten a reply yet. But, he also called me again earlier today and didnt leave a message and i gotten no emails and its like i cant call him back on that number because he didnt really give me the number and say its ok to call it back he just said he will call me back later.

well, I didnt call him back but my question is, should i send him another email today to say hi and let him know that i seen that he try to call earlier because it was on my caller id? or should i let it be and see if he calls me later or tomorrow or something?

see tomorrow i am going to the shore so i probably wont be able to talk to him because i be out so i probably will miss his call again if he does try to call. I just feel like i keep missing his calls and i kinda feel bad

what should i do?

Thanks

Write him and ask him if its okay for you to call him back and to leave his number. If he doesn't reply. Then hey...you tried. Maybe he was calling to tell you his computer is broken, thereforeeee he hasn't gotten the e-mails! Don't worry, I'm sure he'll catch ya one of these times and he won't hold it against you that you're not there when he calls!

write him an email stating that you'd NOT be around ur phone and that if it's ok for him to leave u a phone number where he could be reached at so that you can call him back wen ur available. must be aggravating to play phone tags not knowing when he'll call again. Other option...jus wait til he calls again and if you're available...ask him why he won't leave his number for u to return his calls. he seem to be playing "mystery caller" and that's not good. not good to start out with, actually.