too many dates too soon? bad thing?

afc_2_dj

Hi,

I just started meeting someone from an online site, we met last week, and had a second date last night, which seemed to go really well.

I am wanting advice on the best way to proceed with future dates.

I am worried too many dates too soon, but she is on holiday, and seemed to indicate that she was free with nothing to do.

I have invited her to join my and my family on an outing at the end of the week, which she may not be able to attend cos of a appointment clash, I was thinking of asking her to go walking with me Wednesday, at a local beach/trail where I take my dog, sort of walk/picnic.

It would make a change from dinner/drinks, and would be nice for her instead of sitting at home all day [unless she hates walking/dogs/the beach/me - all of which would be problems for being compatible going forward]

But I worry it too many dates too soon, plus of course nothing new or exciting would have happened in my life since last night, 'cos of course I will just spend today working trying to make some cash.

I also don't want to leave it too long and lose the momentum that seems to be building.

I really like this girl, I don't want to mess this one up!

Any advice?

in my experience, one or two dates a week, especially when there's a few days in between each date, is completely reasonable. it gives enough time in between your time together to allow wach person to figure out their feelings of how things went, as well as allowing anticipation to build. if you're both feeling it, two dates a week isn't smothering at all, but rather a good pace for things to develop naturally. i'd definitely keep it to no more than 2 dates a week, with a few days in between until you guys get to know each other better & realize that you both want to make a go of it. good luck to you!

I have been with someone for the past 4 months, and we see eachother pretty frequently for the last month. When we first started dating it was twice a week. I think that was good time in between because i looked so forward to seeing him and when i did see him i cherished every second. Now i stay by him and sometimes even see eachother 4 times a week, but it will build up to it.

Archived