Online Dating - Attracting women and keep them interested

DigitalSpy

Hi,

I have been online dating for about 3 months now. I go out socialize too but when I am at home I utilize my free time to explore on line dating.

Anyway my question is:

How do men attract women to their profiles?

Now I have made my profile funny, honest, interesting and quirky. It reveals enough about me to show my personality but still manages to retain mystery (which should trigger interest). I have had a very low amount of women contact me in comparison to those I have made contact with... I know my subject lines are good, because I get a lot of responses so I must stand out from the others. But how do I get women to want to contact me..

In contrast to this I have a good female friend who was also online dating (the same websites) and she was bombarded by emails from men. I understand there are a lot more men on these websites than women, but do women also expect men to make first contact online!?

IMO YES most women want the man to show interest first--that way they feel pursued as opposed to the pursuer...call it a cyber dating ritual if you will--the male peacock shows his plumes, the stallion his strength, and the man on dating sites needs to contact the woman and tell her why he's writing her--as opposed to all the other gals on the site!

I've tried internet dating--and if a guy looked at my profile & either send a flirt or simply moved on then I equate that to low or no interest--so why would I chase him?

I've tried internet dating--and if a guy looked at my profile & either send a flirt or simply moved on then I equate that to low or no interest--so why would I chase him?

Because you shouldn't restrict yourself to only choosing between people who happen to show interest in you. If you come accross a profile which captivates you, I'd hope that you initiate contact. For all you know, he would be interested in you but just never had the opportunity to see your profile.

Because you shouldn't restrict yourself to only choosing between people who happen to show interest in you. If you come accross a profile which captivates you, I'd hope that you initiate contact. For all you know, he would be interested in you but just never had the opportunity to see your profile.

You're right--but if someone has viewed your profile and does not write it usually means your criteria does not meet what they are looking for-- ie: you have kids & they want someone without, they don't like what you wrote, you aren't looking for the same "type" of rlshp they are, you have diff. music taste, diff religious beliefs, diff, activities,etc...

I'm not saying I agree with this--and believe ppl should be respectful of differences , but have found many folk feel diff. than I do on that subject....for the most part I feel online dating is all abt criteria and not chemistry....when you meet someone in person--the old traditional way--you know within a few seconds whether you like that person and are attracted (pheromones)--online none of that comes into play & you might as well be shopping for a new big screen TV that's 5 X 7, silver, weighs X lbs, and would look good in the corner....ppl are window shopping & it's very impersonal...

I know what you're gonna say (I think?) "so write to them and change their mind"....been there and done that--and all I got for responses is "I'm looking for casual and you aren't" or "we don't favor the same sports"...

....for the most part I feel online dating is all abt criteria and not chemistry....when you meet someone in person--the old traditional way--you know within a few seconds whether you like that person and are attracted (pheromones)--online none of that comes into play & you might as well be shopping for a new big screen TV

I totally agree with this! I for one only use internet dating on the off chance of getting a date during my chill out time of an evening after work. By utilizing this time, when I would likely be on the computer or watching TV already, surely this will increase my chances of meeting the right person

Archived