Am I wrong to be upset?

Recently me and my girlfriend decided to move in to an apartment together. In order to be financially ready we decided to transfer from our current location that we work at (we met at work) to locations that were closer to our apartments.

With both of us having locations fairly close to our apartments we went and talked to the managers of each location and asked if they were accepting transfers. They both said yes, but the store that was closer to my apartment was busier, so therefore it was willing to give more hours per week.

When we discussed this with our current boss he said that only one of us could transfer but the other had to stay. So it was decided that she would transfer. But instead of choosing the store that was closest to her apartment, she chooses the store that's closest to mine.

the reason I feel so upset is because we had discussed transferring stores before and I had always mentioned that I wanted to go to that specific store and another reason I'm upset is because of the fact that it's a much bigger inconvenience for her to travel further and also be using my car in order to get to work(because her car is out of commission atm) .

Another reason we had suddenly wanted to transfer is because the management of the store I still work out is terrible. We were promised so much and have received so little. Now she tells me about how shes working all the time and I'm only working two or three days per week. I don't know if I have the right to be upset. But I'm sure that some of my points are valid.

Am I in the wrong?

It seems to me the only thing she had any control over was that she chose the location near your apartment. And she could have been thinking more in the future, since y'all had discussed getting an apartment together.

I can understand being annoyed, but I'd be extra cautious to not let it effect your relationship, like annony said.

Archived