I really want to be moved on is this premature or unrealistic?

Its been a little over 5 months since my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me and moved accross the country. It was a very intense and tumultuous relationship and there was a lot of high emotion. We talked about marriage quite a bit, but in all honesty it was just too messed up. She has someone new and I suspect that is why it was easier for her to go. I have had a rough time getting over this. I seem to last about a month NC and my last text I sent was an apology and "I wish you well and please don't respond back", a couple of days ago. I'm just getting to a point were I'm not tortured day in day out with jealousy, suicidal thoughts, feeling betrayed etc. I have worked on myself a lot and have accomplished a bunch of goals financially and emotionally. I still hear music and get choked up some and i feel myself go down some if this person is talked about. I don't feel confident and with one exception haven't asked any women out.

Should I be over this? will it help to try and date? how can I not feel so jaded? How on earth do you ask women out if your still smarting from rejection?

If you've been in regular contact (less than every two months or so) contact with her, than it's normal how you are feeling. Your break up was 5 months ago, but you've chosen to delay the pain until now. This is where the time comes to face your fear and those emotions and choose to let go and ride them out. It's time to face the truth and that's why you're hurting, because before you chose to turn away from the truth that she didn't want to be with you anymore.

IMO, you are not even ready to date. I don't know why you would think that going from one relationship to another would help in anway. It's just another way of avoiding dealing with the pain, and it will come back to bite you in the butt later, not to mention hurt the person that you are dating. It's just a recipe for distaster. You need time to work through your old relationship first.

Archived