your opinion on cutting

first, i'll answer the three questions someone posted.

1. Was there any significant abuse (violence, sexual or physical abuse) when you were younger? Yes there was.

2. Are you seeing someone (therapist) for this problem? No i'm not.

3. How did your parents, teachers, school counsellors reacted when they found out you cut? They don't know.

i don't cut for attention. cutting is my emotional release, i refuse to cry, to me, crying is a weakness. i also cut to hurt myself not others. i don't want to bother my friends with my problems because i feel like a burden, but then i've no one to turn to and so much to say that i HAVE to do something and cutting is just what i happen to do. my one friend suggested that i see a therapist and he didn't understand my sudden outburst and my negative response. he doesn't understand that saying i need to get help is telling me i'm weak. i know i'm weak and i don't want other people telling me i am.

ok i read this little message thread and i thought i should comment. yes, i am a cutter, have been for almost a year, and i do NOT do it for attention. how could i when no one knows? now i dont consider it an addiction, but i cant stop either so maybe it is, i never really thought about it. i just cut to focus myself, and clear my mind. i cut to feel in control. i have found other things i can do instead of cutting when i feel the urge. i think they are less destructive. i sometimes run. i run until i cant any longer. i run until it hurts and i cant breathe. i run until my feet blister, and my heart feels like its gonna explode. sometimes i write, ive found this is not as effective as other things but it still works. i write poems and short stories. but i still love to cut. i still NEED to cut. mostly i just cut because it feels good, i dont really know why but it feels really good.

of course cutting is rong.. but its like.. an only option.. u actually cant help it.. and no im addicted.. like it really is an addiction.. but some people do do it for attention and others dont.. but you should be able to tell by the ones that dont do it for attention.. ppl who do it for attention probally do it for problems at home or something.. and ppl who do it secrelty need help just as bad.. i say even more.. not being able to express yourself or show ur emtions is really bad thing.. cuz ull never get anywhere.. it took me a long time to learn that.. and i learned the hard way.. but over all i say its rong.. even though i do it.. and i even say im stupid.. it just.. before you do it you feel so alone.. and then it makes sesne.. cuz the reazor is just there.. always wanting to help.. then u relaize after the bleeding stop how much u reget it.. u never learn from the mistakes..

my opinion on cutting is that is against your will.. i don't think it is really possible to just stop or start.. it is a process that happens over time and there really isn't you it's just something that happens.. lol its kinna hard to explain.. but i think that it's definitly not good at all.. but it certainly doesn't make the person bad... sooo yeah thats what i think! *love always ~ me*

My opinion on cutting is not a good one... I did it years ago, for about 6 months... I also used to drink, but that's beside the point... I got caught, and had to see a shrink, and since, I don't cut, and haven't anymore, but I can kind of relate to my friends... I mean, I have sympathy for them, and I wish they would stop, but they won't... Personally, I would try to help as much as I can, but, some of my friends hate the fact that I try to get involved... But, I wish cutting would stop, there are other ways to punish yourslef, and thinking about suicide is bad... One of my friends did it a few years ago, and that's one of the reasons I started... So what you do doesn't only affect yourself: But the others around you...

Cutting is not all about attention. Yes, some people do seek out attention and use cutting as a means. But to say that all people do it for that purpose is wrong. Some people cut themselves as a way to take their mind off of emotional pain; some see the physical cut as symbolic to the cut that may have been left on their "soul." They watch it heal and imagine that their soul wound is healing with it; Someone once told me that they did it because as they watched the blood exit their body, they imagined that they're emotional pain left with it. I used to do it. The reasons why I did it was b/c emotional pain was too hard for me to handle and the physical pain gave me something else to focus on or I'd cut myself when I felt that I needed to be punished. But I always hid it and tried to do it on places where people couldn't see it. I was ashamed of it.