I need serious help with girls... HELP!!!

There's a girl at school named Ashley. She's a sophomore, and I'm a freshman which kinda sucks... But neither of us hang out with any of the same people, and the only person I know that has any classes with her is into her too. I wanna get to know her, without seeming weird or straight forward, neither of us have talked, although we do make eye-contact alot so I know she knows I exist. One advantage is her friend.... She lives upstairs from me and she has for 3 years. Sadly, we've never talked. But even if I do someone manage to get this girl to know I'm interested in her, shes shy, so shes not gonna be the one to do the talking. And I really don't know how to make my approach. Everyone gives me half-assed info like "Just say hi"... And then what... Bye? I need to know how to ask for her number (and I don't mean "pimpin" her). I need to know if I even SHOULD ask for her number. What do I say? Ahhh!!!! If you have any advice, AIM me on SpikeSpiegel1688. Thanks everyone

Later-

Derek

First Off, I Just want to say Linkin Park Ist Da' --Bleep--

Second, Talk to her someday, ask her a question about how hard one of her classes is. when you're done tell her that you enjoyed talking to her and maybe you guys could get together sometime to talk. When you're around her notice if she bites her lip, shows you the palms of her hands, rubs her cheeks, twirls her hair or calls you by first and last name. These are all subconscious signs that she fancies ya'. Once your with her on a regular basis, after say after two months, Step back away from everything for three days and just have an objective view. Really listen to what she is saying and by the third day you'll know if she's for you. Now is the hardest part. You must LISTEN to what she says to you and if she acts differently when she's with you. If you're still confused or questioning yourself, wait longer. When all signs point to yes. Call her up on the next Tuesday. Ask her anything, it doesn't matter what just as long as it doesn't sound extremely cheesy. Remember the tone of her voice. Then ask her what she's doing this weekend. Listen to the tone of her response, is it the same? if it is she probably doesn't like you in that way, if it's better then it's probably yes. If she said nothin' then ask her if she'd like to get together Friday night and do somethin'. Now you didn't actually call it a date. if she says she just likes you as a friend. Tell her you just had to ask, because you couldn't go through the rest of your life wondering what if. If other people at school give you a hard time about asking her out on a date, just tell them either you didn't intend on it being a date, or that you think they're just jealous that they didn't ask first.

Third, When you're around her notice if she bites her lip, shows you the palms of her hands, rubs her cheeks, twirls her hair or calls you by first and last name. These are all subconscious signs that she fancies ya'.

To clarify the whole tuesday thing: You must ask her out for friday on a tuesday. In a woman's mind, monday is too early and wednesday is too late.

This is what I did, and I learned that a friend of mine really did have the same feelings as I did for her. The tone of her response was dramatically better, and she was actually excited to hear me ask. Sure It took me 2 and a half years to get up the nerve to ask her out, but hey look where it got me. And 2 and a half years is better than the seven years it took me to tell my first girlfriend that I liked her.

when you just can't manage to say the words just thin of what Kevin Spacey said in K-PAX:

"The universe will expand then it will collapse back on itself, then it will expand again, it will repeat this process forever, everything will be as it is now, whatever mistakes you make this time around, you will live through on your next pass, every mistake you make you will live through again and again, forever.... so my advice to you is to get it right this time around because.... this time is all you have"

This always makes me just come out and say what I mean because I hold it in for so long.

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface

Consuming, confusing

This lack of self control I fear is never ending

Controlling

As Linkin Park Said It Best:

"I can't seem/To find myself again

My walls are closing in.....

I've felt this way before/So insecure"