Conversation Topics

Hey, I met a girl at work a few days ago, I didn't want to go out with her or anything but I thought I would try out my conversation technique. It started off really well, I started asking her about school subjects, work etc, but then about 3 minutes into the conversation everything just went silent. I tried desperately to think of something to talk about but I couldn't. Anyone got any advice on what I could of talked about in that situation?

Thanks

first of I love the avatar EvilJedi!

Well, when this happens with me I just kind of talk about the first thing that pops into my head.... a funny thing that happened to me, or an interesting fact relating to something talked about earlier that evening.

or you could complement her....

just remember what Uma Thurman said in Pulp Fiction said about those awkward silences....

Don't complement her too much. I bet all the other guys that hit on her do that too.

Next time, pick out something about her and make fun of it. " Nice shoes, I did know they made them that big!!" You'll be surprised the reaction you get. Confidence and humor, best tools you have!