Laser therapy smoking cessation

Hey all, I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who's serious about quitting smoking.

I did this a few years back, it really worked well. I quit after 2 years of smoking, had to do a couple of boosters but I quit for over a year. Then stress and low willpower combined with some other factors, and I started smoking again. I'm going to do it again as I'm sick of it.

My mom was a smoker for 15 years, quit after the first treatment. Hasn't touched a cigarette in 4 years now. Lots of other stories like that from friends/colleagues.

Basically, it uses low power lasers to target addiction points in the body which unblock dopamine receptors in the brain. Nicotine blocks these, and that's why when you're stressed, instead of that stress being naturally relieved, you crave nicotine. The cravings are still there after treatment, but they go away very quickly. Most places will offer booster shots for the first month as many times as you want them, and I highly recommend doing these.

It's expensive, around $400 + some supplements they recommend (magnesium was one I remember). However, the alternatives, such as Champax pills, can have bad side effects. I did thsoe pills for two weeks and had some INTENSE dreams. I got lucky, as most people have nightmares..I just had dreams. THere's also headaches and stomach pains, which I luckily never got. Keep in mind though, you're feeding your body chemically manufactured pills, which is never good. Champax also costs $60/two weeks, and it's a 3 month treatment.

Anyways, I'll update after I get this done, and if anyone has success stories or questions using these, please post here for anyone who is sick of cancer sticks. I guess I'm posting this because I woke up this morning and had a smoke, and basically flipped out at myself for doing something so stupid for so long.

I dunno. The cost of smoking was one of my inspirations to quit. If I have $400 to spare, I'd rather just drop it on smokes. And you're going to do it for a second time? Sounds like a waste.

I've smoked on and off for nearly six years. I just chew gum, never carry cash on me, and don't go on smoke breaks with friends. Once you're able to go a week without smoking, it's pretty easy. Sometimes I'll have one if it's offered to me but it doesn't taste or feel that good anymore, so I'm not really tempted to get back in the habit.

I dunno. The cost of smoking was one of my inspirations to quit. If I have $400 to spare, I'd rather just drop it on smokes. And you're going to do it for a second time? Sounds like a waste.

I've smoked on and off for nearly six years. I just chew gum, never carry cash on me, and don't go on smoke breaks with friends. Once you're able to go a week without smoking, it's pretty easy. Sometimes I'll have one if it's offered to me but it doesn't taste or feel that good anymore, so I'm not really tempted to get back in the habit.

Most people spend $400 a month on smokes anyways, assuming you smoke a pack a day. How does it make sense to drop money on smokes rather than quitting? And of course, if you have the willpower to quit on your own, that's great. I don't, as is the case with many people. Good for you though, not any people can quit cold turkey.

Archived