What's happened to romance?

I don't know if it's just me, i hope not, but it seems that romance is no longer alive..I think it's such a shame because every girl needs to experience it. In my opinion, now, people are so used to living without it that they don't acknowledge the concept of romance and just let it pass them by. This needs to change! Maybe it's different in the us, but the guys in england don't understand what the hell romance is, at all. We need it!

What do you guys think?

I agree with you ruby but I also think that love comes along once in a while and even then it's hard to understand if someone really loves you.

People talk about fate but I think it's more to do with choice and coincidence. I think there is someone for everyone but finding that someone is extremely rare and thereforeeee romance is few a far between because of this.

I don't know if it's just me, i hope not, but it seems that romance is no longer alive..I think it's such a shame because every girl needs to experience it. In my opinion, now, people are so used to living without it that they don't acknowledge the concept of romance and just let it pass them by. This needs to change! Maybe it's different in the us, but the guys in england don't understand what the hell romance is, at all. We need it!

What do you guys think?

I think it's a two way street. Women need to understand it too, and men are entitled to the reciprocal of what you say "every girl need to experience" as much as any woman, or girl, is entitled to it.

I am very romantic, and have been my entire life. It wasn't until recently that I extended myself to another. Being a romantic, I want to go full into it, but it is difficult unless the woman actually wants to accept it. I would like to feel the kind of openess from my girlfriend that I show to her.

I disagree. I think romance is alive but maybe it depends who you are dating. I still find guys who open doors, pay the check and play music for me ( sometimes sing along ) in their car. Take a walk in the park--hold hands. Go dancing. All of that can be romantic.

If you want a certain kind of romance maybe you should tell your guy. Men don't read minds--we wish they did .

I am very romantic, and have been my entire life. It wasn't until recently that I extended myself to another. Being a romantic, I want to go full into it, but it is difficult unless the woman actually wants to accept it. I would like to feel the kind of openess from my girlfriend that I show to her.

I am very much the same, although sometimes, i feel it is a bad thing to be this romantic and open with girls (or the few iv'e experienced).

I am very much the same, although sometimes, i feel it is a bad thing to be this romantic and open with girls (or the few iv'e experienced).

Being romantic all the time, or doing romantic things all the time, and/or being too open can be a bad thing. Be romantic at times, at tohers don't and don't be predictable. Be open, but don't tell everything, and send mixed signals.

Being romantic all the time, or doing romantic things all the time, and/or being too open can be a bad thing. Be romantic at times, at tohers don't and don't be predictable. Be open, but don't tell everything, and send mixed signals.

I was just being myself- i guess i willjust have to become somebody else

It's been a long time since I've truly been "romanced". And I miss it! I actually thought about this not too long ago, and the thought occurred to me: what is the most romantic thing I've ever done for a guy? To my chagrin, I couldn't recall anything I'd ever done that was very romantic!

So - it is definitely a two-way street.

I was just being myself- i guess i willjust have to become somebody else.

I don't think you need to be someone else, just not let your emotions take control. Let your emotions act together with your common sense about people.

For instance, if you do something romantic like buy her flowers, do it this week, then two weeks from now do two other small things back to back, then wait a month to do anything else.

Yes, I do believe it is time for the guy to be as confusing as the girls(sending mixed signals all the time).

Its not dead, just not as pedominant. I'm a romantic sort of guy, You'll always find me opennig a door, or pulling out a chair, giving up my jacket etc. I love writing poetry and buying flowers for no reason, and stuff like walking along the beach, etc.

God, I sound like a personals ad, LOL, if this is you.... But seriously there are still some of us out there.