Stretchmarks on men

Strange one this.

Back when i was 17 (i am now 24) i caught chicken poxs, and had a very nasty case of it for about two weeks. After i recovered i noticed that my lower back was covered in scars. Now i self-diagnosed that my scratching during my illness had led to this scaring. They look like stretch marks that i see on women but while i understand those marks are usually vertical, mine are horizontal. Anyway originally these were bright purple but over intervening years they have pretty much faded away and can only be seen easily when i am cold (i have very pale skin, and so they revert back to their old purple colouring).

So i have stopped worrying about them until today when i looked in the mirror again and about 13 more little scars (bright purple) have appeared. Obviosuly on top of everything else these had upset me and was wondering if there are any other men out there who have suffered with the same problem.

Before you question me , no i am not overweight. I am skinny and below the weight i probabaly should be. I cant seem to put on weight so thats not the cause. I was wondering whether the skin would still be damaged and something as simple as me scratching could be the cause.

Whatever i look forward to any answers that may be given, and begin the long arduos 5+ yr wait for these new scars to disappear.

M8, i scratched my chicken pox when i was a toddler, the scars are still clearly (2 little holes like on my face) clearly visible today. Nowt u can do. In terms of stretch marks, which your thread seems to have been titled yet your not really talking about stretch marks, they fade with time, but will never really go completely. I have them under my arm pits from all the weights i do, but they have faded overtime. They dont bother me anymore. Scars tend to fade but wont disappear for good. Think u will have to except them unless they hurry up and bring out that miracle product that i read about ages ago, which is a spray on skin. Basically u spray the stuff on and the skin goes over it healing scars. Still not out though and i dont know how effective it is.

Stretch marks can be caused by periods of rapid growth not necessarily weight although they are caused by that too. If you have rapid growth spurts they stretch the skin... they are nothing to be distressed about. I have 10 from having my son 6 years ago and they are now faded to white marks. Don't worry people like you for you not because you have marks on your skin!

Yeah, im only 16 and i develpoed about 5-6 long stretch marks on my back as well. Im thinking it's beacuse i started working out last summer and it stretched my skin. I really dont like it becasue its been a year and they haven't faded AT ALL Is there any cream i can purchase from a store like fred meyers..etc, that can help me out( THAT WILL ACTUALLY WORK!)????