Unwanted

JoJo90814

I always feel unwanted every where I go. Like Im annoying people or im just there to support them. I only feel comfortable living alone because I always feel like im unwanted everywhere. I know this is ridiculous and I know it comes from my parents not being there for me...but I really do feel this way a lot. How do you overcome this?

Right now I had to move in with my sister temporarily because I lost my job. We have lived together in the past a few times when I was younger and it didnt turn out well. I feel like she is annoyed with every dish I use, space I take up, or if im home too much. Also our cats dont always get along. She is huffing and puffing when im around and making comments when Im around like "arent you getting cabin fever?" I just feel really uncomfortable and unwanted and was looking for support/advice/similar stories.

Living together brings up a lot of old family issues. For example, my sister asked my mother to move in and recover from heart surgery. She did want her there but she was unprepared for all the childhood anger that it brought to the surface. So maybe you and your sister have some unresolved issues from the past that is causing some tension.

But the bigger issue of always feeling unwanted stems from something deep inside of you that you need to resolve. Therapy is an option. Have you considered therapy?

Thank you for the responses

Well- she said I could stay as a last resort. It got to that point. I am paying her money, and doing my best to keep things the way she likes it- just to fully respect her. But yes she is just generally annoyed im in her space and I have talked to her about it. She says shes ok, but actions speak louder than words.

Live- Yes ive done many years of therapy etc etc etc. So its just an ongoing journey ...sigh..lol.

Archived